Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Disconnected from Server (a lot!) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=118546)

Archived Post 02-15-2010 02:35 PM

Disconnected from Server (a lot!)

As I've been playing STO, I have run into "Server Not Responding" and "Disconnected from Server" messages a lot. I get the "Server Not Responding" message a lot as I am moving between zones (but the issue is not exclusive to this). I seem to get disconnected mostly while I'm on missions (but not exclusively).

I typically am online around 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM EST (I wouldn't think these would be peak hours).

Is anyone else having this problem, or better yet, is there anyone else who has had this problem and been able to make a change locally to fix the issue? Or are these problems game-wide?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Archived Post 02-15-2010 02:37 PM

I have no idea what is causing this. But this happens to me all the time.

Archived Post 02-15-2010 02:52 PM

same here, the server not responding when I am changing zones I can tolerate, cause I have a guitar sat next to me, but the disconnects are really annoying, I did hear that changing your proxy on the login launcher screen can help stop it, but that hasnt worked for me, so damn annoying.

Archived Post 02-15-2010 03:10 PM

I don't know if its actually working or not, but I find if I randomly left click the "server not responding" message it loads into the zone faster. When I don't click, it takes upwards of 5 minutes to load in.

Archived Post 02-15-2010 04:09 PM

Same issues here

I'm getting fed up of the disconnects. I'm waiting for some muppet to flame the thread with 'it's your crap computer or lan drivers, or bad network card, or blames your isp etc.'

I'm a network and software engineer. I'm good at my job and I say otherwise.

Fix please.

Archived Post 02-15-2010 04:11 PM

Saw a dev post where they noted this was an issue they were working on - guess we have to wait and see how long it takes to fix.

Archived Post 02-15-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomnai (Post 2102919)
I'm getting fed up of the disconnects. I'm waiting for some muppet to flame the thread with 'it's your crap computer or lan drivers, or bad network card, or blames your isp etc.'

I'm a network and software engineer. I'm good at my job and I say otherwise.

Fix please.

I am glad you said that last part, nice to see someone knowing what they are talking about confirming that its probably not on my end heh

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyACT
Saw a dev post where they noted this was an issue they were working on - guess we have to wait and see how long it takes to fix.

working on it *sigh, so this means that my first month is probably gonna only amount to a few days proper playing, I wonder if we'll be compensated.....

Archived Post 02-15-2010 07:49 PM

Server timed out gettin REAL Old Real Fast!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZippyZ
I don't know if its actually working or not, but I find if I randomly left click the "server not responding" message it loads into the zone faster. When I don't click, it takes upwards of 5 minutes to load in.

I paid for a lifetime membership, I am really starting to regret it!!!!! Spend any where from 6-8 hours trying to login...this suck........:mad:

Archived Post 02-16-2010 08:00 AM

Bump Post ----

Any solutions yet? I doubt its graphics card, I turned everything down and still disconnect. Other online games working fine. All drivers up to date... what else is there to check? Have been posting everywhere about this issue since headstart and still cant seem to ever play. Lets get some options, I have tried everything I can think of or have read. Frustrated!!!

Archived Post 02-16-2010 11:03 AM

it wont be graphics card, you wouldnt just "disconnect from server" would you.

I actually managed to play for about 3 hours this morning (uk player) so I would hazard a guess and say that the server it simply struggling to cope