Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   What skills buff Reverse Shield Polarity? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=119002)

Archived Post 02-16-2010 01:33 AM

What skills buff Reverse Shield Polarity?

I'm just looking for confirmation on which skills buff Reverse Shield Polarity (RSP).

Normally, you can see what skills you need by pressing P, and checking out the descriptions from there. But Reverse Shield Polarity does not seem to state them in its description.

Checking out the captain skills under Starship Engineering, there's only two skills that specifically list RSP in their example list: Starship Shield Maintenance and Starship Shield Performance.

Are those two the only ones? I'm asking because sometimes BO abilities are buffed by 3 captain skills. Looking at Starship Engineering skills, is it safe to assume that Starship Shield Efficiency also buffs RSP? Has anyone out there been able to test if RSP's numbers increases with Starship Shield Efficiency?

Or if there's some other skill that buff said ability? :)

Archived Post 02-16-2010 01:53 AM

It needs buffing? Really? what are you smoking ? :confused:

Archived Post 02-16-2010 02:01 AM

The duration does not increase. Ever. The only thing that *MIGHT* change is the ratio of shields you get back when you get hit, but thats pure speculation on my part. Lets say without any skills you gain 1 shield point when you take 1 shield damage. Maybe with skills you get 1.5 shield points for every 1 point of shield damage.
MAYBE!

Archived Post 02-16-2010 02:07 AM

Er... I think you guys are missing the point of the question.

I'm asking if anyone knows if there's a third skill that buffs RSP (because it seems there's normally 3 that buffs most of each of the BO skills), aside from Starship Shield Maintenance and Starship Shield Performance.

Archived Post 02-16-2010 02:51 AM

Normally there are 3 skills, and it works like a tree of three layers.

Root skill

Tier 1 Tier 1 Tier 1

Tier 2 Tier 2 ect.

Shield Maintenance, is T1, and Shield Performance is T2, so I am assuming the root, is Engineering Training. That should probably be the third skill your looking for.

As a note: T1 skills go up to +18 and T2 skills get up to +32 so you can tell which belong in which Tier.

Archived Post 02-16-2010 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaelinTerenes
Normally there are 3 skills, and it works like a tree of three layers.

Root skill

Tier 1 Tier 1 Tier 1

Tier 2 Tier 2 ect.

Shield Maintenance, is T1, and Shield Performance is T2, so I am assuming the root, is Engineering Training. That should probably be the third skill your looking for.

As a note: T1 skills go up to +18 and T2 skills get up to +32 so you can tell which belong in which Tier.

Ah, thank you so much Daelin. Looking at the other BO abilities' descriptions you might be right. Each of them lists at least one root skill. So the one I'm looking for is either Engineering Training or Warp Core Training. (And it seems on an older thread I just found, someone was also guessing it might be Engineering Training)

But since I've already put skill points on both those root skills anyway, this is good news for me. I don't have to spend points on Shield Efficiency then. ^_^