Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   how to get Merits/Honor? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=120505)

Archived Post 02-17-2010 12:52 PM

how to get Merits/Honor?
 
i have more energy credits then i know what to do with but my crew is still mostly ensigns, what's the best way to get more merits to promote them?

Archived Post 02-17-2010 02:01 PM

You probably already have plenty of that.

When you do missions you get skill points and merits and BO skill points. If you go to one of your bridge officers and hit the "Promote" button it shows what you will have to do to get them promoted.

I generally have way more 'merits' than I could possibly need.

Archived Post 02-17-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakoriz
You probably already have plenty of that.

When you do missions you get skill points and merits and BO skill points. If you go to one of your bridge officers and hit the "Promote" button it shows what you will have to do to get them promoted.

I generally have way more 'merits' than I could possibly need.

yeah the thing is i don't after 2 promotions to lt i'm tapped out

Archived Post 02-17-2010 03:02 PM

I promoted ALL 4 or 5 BOs as soon as I hit Lt Cmdr and had points to spare to also buy new powers for some of them. Have you purchased a bunch of new powers from the power trainer? or perhaps new BOs to replace existing ones?

The only thing other than just spending too many already is you need to do more episodes. If you're skipping episodes in favor of leveling some other way that could be a problem.

Archived Post 02-17-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakoriz
I promoted ALL 4 or 5 BOs as soon as I hit Lt Cmdr and had points to spare to also buy new powers for some of them. Have you purchased a bunch of new powers from the power trainer? or perhaps new BOs to replace existing ones?

The only thing other than just spending too many already is you need to do more episodes. If you're skipping episodes in favor of leveling some other way that could be a problem.

ive done every mission i have availble to me by lt cmdr 1 up to the Xantri sector (just entered that area)
and bought only one BO (ferengi tactical)

Archived Post 02-17-2010 03:25 PM

Boff needs to have a certain number of skill point invested in them before you can promote them to the next level. If you have only raise the skills a couple levels, All the merit in the world will not let you promote them further.

Archived Post 02-17-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiz33 (Post 2128582)
Boff needs to have a certain number of skill point invested in them before you can promote them to the next level. If you have only raise the skills a couple levels, All the merit in the world will not let you promote them further.

all of them have level 9 in one ensign skill, that like 400 points, more then enough to promote them all to LT, what i don't have is the merits.

Archived Post 02-17-2010 04:17 PM

When you click Promote which numbers are RED on that screen?

Archived Post 02-17-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakoriz
When you click Promote which numbers are RED on that screen?

merit points

Archived Post 02-17-2010 04:23 PM

Thats odd. Not sure how you ran out.. I guess do some more missions and try again.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:47 PM.