Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Anomalies, a bad addiction? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=120624)

Archived Post 02-17-2010 02:57 PM

Anomalies, a bad addiction?
 
We all love the anomalies on the shows because they usually turn out to be something awesome, and in STO we have anomalies which can be used at Memory Alpha. Sadly though I have an anomaly addiction. I have no intention of going to Memory Alpha to use the data I've collected, however I continue to collect it.

When I see that red glowing line floating there I must scan it, I don't care what it is but it must be scanned!! My bank is full of all kinds of data just sitting there not being used. There are red ones, and blue ones, and purple ones, and all colors of the rainbow, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them, nor can I stop scanning. The sound of the tricorder must be a subliminal message which says "scan the red lines!".

Anyone else have the addiction?? Is it an addiction?? Is this just another pointless thread?? Feel free to share your thoughts while I go scan for more anomalies.

Archived Post 02-17-2010 02:58 PM

Addictions can lead to nasty surprises.


But no. See them but generally not caring.
If they are on route then sure Chat will scan them but otherwise... Not so much.

Archived Post 02-17-2010 03:03 PM

Whenever my science officer says 'Captain, I have found an anomaly on the planet surface, we should send an away team to poke it with a stick' I want to say 'Fine, you go down and wrestle with the killer red shirt eating doombeast!'.

Alas, I cannot. And find myself beaming down with my away team, all armed to teeth, and scanning some random Greek columns in the middle of a forest.

Archived Post 02-17-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenstein (Post 2128313)
Whenever my science officer says 'Captain, I have found an anomaly on the planet surface, we should send an away team to poke it with a stick' I want to say 'Fine, you go down and wrestle with the killer red shirt eating doombeast!'.

Alas, I cannot. And find myself beaming down with my away team, all armed to teeth, and scanning some random Greek columns in the middle of a forest.

And the Greek columns don't even eat your security officers :(

How disappointing.

Archived Post 02-17-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sintar07 (Post 2128373)
And the Greek columns don't even eat your security officers :(

How disappointing.

That's true, if I remember correctly the Greek columns are supposed to be these vicious plants that eat everything, yet they don't even move. I was ready to break out the weed whacker and fight some plants.

Archived Post 02-17-2010 03:27 PM

real, live flames work good, too.

Archived Post 02-17-2010 03:28 PM

Starfleet doesn't let us use Promethium Flamers anymore...

Archived Post 02-17-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenstein (Post 2128625)
Starfleet doesn't let us use Promethium Flamers anymore...

Wait, isn't that basically what all the plasma weapons are :p?

Archived Post 02-17-2010 04:17 PM

Not quite. Needs more fire.

Archived Post 02-17-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by attilio (Post 2128214)
We all love the anomalies on the shows because they usually turn out to be something awesome, and in STO we have anomalies which can be used at Memory Alpha. Sadly though I have an anomaly addiction. I have no intention of going to Memory Alpha to use the data I've collected, however I continue to collect it.

When I see that red glowing line floating there I must scan it, I don't care what it is but it must be scanned!! My bank is full of all kinds of data just sitting there not being used. There are red ones, and blue ones, and purple ones, and all colors of the rainbow, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them, nor can I stop scanning. The sound of the tricorder must be a subliminal message which says "scan the red lines!".

Anyone else have the addiction?? Is it an addiction?? Is this just another pointless thread?? Feel free to share your thoughts while I go scan for more anomalies.

I too have the collector's affliction.
I blame the dragon blood in my veins, I must hoard!

Though, I must say that I can leave them alone every now and then, due to the sheer uselessness in what you gain from them. Doing a system scan reveals # annomalies, I'll leave them be until I see them myself.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 PM.