Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Questions to Vo'Quv (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=122331)

Archived Post 02-19-2010 12:37 PM

Questions to Vo'Quv

Hello,

can somebody explain me which career i have to take to control a Vo'Quv spaceship at T5... ? Or is it true that this ship can only be controlled by more people?

Any other information is also welcome, google didnt't help a lot :(

Thx

Archived Post 02-19-2010 12:45 PM

Any klingon player can fly any ship Including the Vo'Quv

Archived Post 02-19-2010 02:23 PM

To expand on that a bit, any character of any class type can pilot any ship for their faction.

Archived Post 02-19-2010 03:13 PM

Yes, ok, i know...

but i personally prefer to choose a ship equal to my career (on the Fed side), for example:

- with a science career i choose the science vessel
- with an engineer career i choose the cruiser vessel

i should have asked the question in another way:

To what career belongs the Vo'Quv?

Archived Post 02-19-2010 03:17 PM

It's being called a Science Vessel because it has 2 science stations, and only one tach and one eng.

It is captained by only one pilot, you.

You can get it though, regardless of which career path you choose.

Archived Post 02-19-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FXHell
Yes, ok, i know...

but i personally prefer to choose a ship equal to my career (on the Fed side), for example:

- with a science career i choose the science vessel
- with an engineer career i choose the cruiser vessel

i should have asked the question in another way:

To what career belongs the Vo'Quv?

While its a "Science" ship, the best career path imo would be an engineer. Science skills other than Sensor Scan require a 90 degree firing arc, engineer skills do not. The Vo'Quv has a turn rate of 4 so its an all beam array set up, the general strategy is to stop together with teammates at less than 5k and spider tank the damage.

Archived Post 02-19-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasmussen (Post 2153219)
While its a "Science" ship, the best career path imo would be an engineer. Science skills other than Sensor Scan require a 90 degree firing arc, engineer skills do not. The Vo'Quv has a turn rate of 4 so its an all beam array set up, the general strategy is to stop together with teammates at less than 5k and spider tank the damage.

The only science captain skill with a 90 degree arc is sub nucleonic beam.

Archived Post 02-26-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxrocks
The only science captain skill with a 90 degree arc is sub nucleonic beam.

sorry foxrocks but i think you'll find your wrong many science skills have 90 degree arc, skills like vm (viral matrix), tachion harmonic and tractor beam

Archived Post 02-26-2010 01:58 PM

It occurs to me though Photonic Fleet could be a fun way to accent a Carriers powers.

Archived Post 02-26-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasmussen (Post 2153219)

There is of course the all cannons route. Stack mostly turrets, with a beam array to take advantage of the inherent disables.