Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   In-game support abyssmal (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=122398)

Archived Post 02-19-2010 02:07 PM

In-game support abyssmal
 
Waiting 2.5 hours (so far) with no GM response to a ticket on an in-game issue. This at a fairly low user-load time, with the servers not having any particular problems.

It seems to me totally unreasonable to expect players to wait > 2 hours. We are paying for GMs; if they don't have enough to respond in a reasonable amount of time (say 20-30 minutes tops) they need to hire more.

Archived Post 02-19-2010 02:21 PM

the quickest I have had an issue 'processed" is 7 days so 2.5 hrs would be like lightspeed in comparision to that wait. "Processed" doesn't mean resolved it just means someone has looked at it and added it to the queue.

Depending on the severity, and in this case it was something that effected my account rather than the user base, it can take many weeks for a GM to get to a very focused issue for resolution if any.

This level of service is very poor compared to other mmogs I have experienced but it is currently what we have and considering the state of the game and the sheer volume of issues its understandable.

I hope things improve either by staff increases, methodology, or inevitably by the reduction of users and user compliants.

Archived Post 02-19-2010 02:45 PM

Just talked with the CS lead and they have definite plans in place to ramp up and improve this. I can attest that there are new desks and headcount coming in to get the backlog cleared up and improve response time considerably. Please look for this to improve over the coming weeks.

Archived Post 02-19-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstahl (Post 2151559)
Just talked with the CS lead and they have definite plans in place to ramp up and improve this. I can attest that there are new desks and headcount coming in to get the backlog cleared up and improve response time considerably. Please look for this to improve over the coming weeks.

I work in CS. I have worked for both large and small corporations. It's amazing to me that y'all didn't have your desks and headcount already in place to handle the expected influx of tickets. Every MMO has had issues on launch, and this isn't Cryptic's first MMO. It shows a woeful lack of planning and foresight. It makes me fear for the future of STO.

My honest opinion: Cryptic may not have "coming weeks" to improve before people get tired of ridiculous hold times and even more ridiculous ticket-response times. That this is "Trek" may not be enough to save the game.

Unsolicited advice: Do not hire script-monkeys for your first-responders.

Archived Post 02-19-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doomspark (Post 2151982)
I work in CS. I have worked for both large and small corporations. It's amazing to me that y'all didn't have your desks and headcount already in place to handle the expected influx of tickets. Every MMO has had issues on launch, and this isn't Cryptic's first MMO. It shows a woeful lack of planning and foresight. It makes me fear for the future of STO.

My honest opinion: Cryptic may not have "coming weeks" to improve before people get tired of ridiculous hold times and even more ridiculous ticket-response times. That this is "Trek" may not be enough to save the game.

Unsolicited advice: Do not hire script-monkeys for your first-responders.

I honestly think the initial demand was greater than they anticipated considering the state of the game as released. The real issue now is do you try to tool up to the demand as it is now or as it will be at the end of the first "free" month.

I think they are damned either way because those that will leave will say they did too little to keep their subs live. Couple that with the pretty slating reviews around the web and its going to take a brave company indeed to sign off on all those staff and equipment reqs without seeing what is going to happen at the end of the month.

Ultimately those that stay hopefully can float the game long enough for the game to live up to the IP's potential.

Archived Post 02-19-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massdev
I honestly think the initial demand was greater than they anticipated considering the state of the game as released. The real issue now is do you try to tool up to the demand as it is now or as it will be at the end of the first "free" month.

I think they are damned either way because those that will leave will say they did too little to keep their subs live. Couple that with the pretty slating reviews around the web and its going to take a brave company indeed to sign off on all those staff and equipment reqs without seeing what is going to happen at the end of the month.

Ultimately those that stay hopefully can float the game long enough for the game to live up to the IP's potential.

That's pretty much my point: they *should* have been able to anticipate a huge customer base *AND* a lot of bugs / issues during the first few weeks. And they should have staffed-up accordingly BEFORE launch.

Archived Post 02-19-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstahl (Post 2151559)
Just talked with the CS lead and they have definite plans in place to ramp up and improve this. I can attest that there are new desks and headcount coming in to get the backlog cleared up and improve response time considerably. Please look for this to improve over the coming weeks.

Nice to know, although it is now over 5 hours, and still no response. Basically a whole day of gameplay wasted.

20 minutes is a long time to wait in the other MMO I play, and I have already waited 15x that long here, with no guarantee that I won't get the canned "living and evolving experience" (i.e. "you're screwed") tripe when (if) someone finally does respond.

Archived Post 02-19-2010 05:38 PM

After 6 hours, my patience is at an end. Will be cancelling my lifetime sub on Monday.

Please lock this thread.

Archived Post 02-19-2010 05:58 PM

I got a response a week after I put one in for the Starship Customizer taking 20k from my bank for no reason. I reported it immediately after it happened. Anyways, it took them a week to respond with "Thanks for letting us know this bug". Wait, bug? What? What about the 20k that I lost?

I won't freak out over 20k really, but if someone like yourself payed a lifetime subscription and even you cant get a ticket answered within a day, it just shows that the game is too buggy and has too many tickets, or there is a serious lack of people behind desks at Cryptic.

With that said, I'd like to apply right here to do customer service for you Cryptic. I live in Washington state and can do the work over the internet. I don't see why I shouldn't get a job as you need people. I could start answering tickets and helping people immediately.

Archived Post 02-19-2010 06:08 PM

Other than critical stuck issues, it is not unheard of on having a week turn around time in eve, especially after an expansions.

And I believe you should be criticizing the publisher (they are usually the ones responsible for budgets and, in turn, how many people you can hire).


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:36 AM.