Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Competative Controlled Sectors (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=123569)

Archived Post 02-21-2010 02:36 AM

Competative Controlled Sectors

Here is a thought to make the game better and more interesting in the PvP world.

1) Create a series of sectors in or near the neutral zone that the Federation and Klingon can compete for control over.

2) Within the these space sectors will be systems in which high ranking players can purchase space stations for there Fleets to control, patrol, and protect against enemy invaders. This will give a opportunity for established fleets to show there stuff.

3) A system that is controlled by a fleet from the Federation or Klingon faction can place up to 4 stations in one system. Should that system become invaded a message will be sent out to all members of the controlling fleet that there controlled system is under attack. Should the opposing attacking faction destroy all bases, then a ground assault must take place on the planet.

4) After the bases are destroyed, the planet will contain a outpost base full of NPC security forces from the faction that had control over the system. The security force strength will determine on how much spent on security from the Fleet that had original control. Should the security be destroyed by the opposing faction. Then that opposing factional fleet will have full control over that system.

5) If you notice the color representation of each space sector is determined by who controls it. This is a great way to keep track of the purposed PvP zones. As more systems are controlled by the Federation that sector will gradually change colors to blue. As more systems are contolled by Kingons, then that sector turns red. Should a sector ever be fully controlled by a specific faction, then each fleet that has taken over a system with in that sector is given a special unique or rare reward.

6) Space Stations and Security Forces can be purchased by Captains and Admirals. Each rank that can purchase these items will have a different strength level and look. These items can be either purchased in the C-store as a marketing tool for PvP after unlocking a certain rank, or can be purchased in a Space station after you earned enough PvP medals.

If you like my idea I would like to hear from you, and maybe if there is enough of you to add your ideas or expand off this, we might see something simular in the future from the DEVS.

Archived Post 02-21-2010 09:24 PM

Anyone have any simular ideas??

Archived Post 02-21-2010 09:40 PM

I would like to see something like Alterac Valley stolen from WoW and put into STO.

This should be a very large instance with 25 to 45 on each faction team. You would start out in orbit around your faction's planet. On the planet would be a base with multiple NPC's and your leader. The object would be to kill the opposition's leader.

Once a game started, you would have many objectives in the space between your planet and the other faction's planet. There could be neutral enemy NPC's controlling many res spots that you need to control so you respawn here instead of back at your home planet when you die.

There should also be moons, asteroids and space stations to control along the way.You would have to beam down to each to clear all the enemy NPC's to control them. Each would give your faction some kind of bonus. A regen bonus or power bonus. As well as places to take control of defense areas that fire on the non-controlling faction. These spots could be taken by either side or switched if you stay there for x amount of time after killing the NPC's.

Once you reach the other factions planet. There would be enemy NPC's as well as Players to fight through like fleet actions. You would have to get close enough to the planet to beam down. Then fight your way to respawn points and finally the base to kill the leader.

This could translate well for STO PvP. These would be long fights that could continue till there is a winner. Objectives of some kind along with the PvP is much more fun than just PvP IMHO.

Archived Post 02-21-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylan
I would like to see something like Alterac Valley stolen from WoW and put into STO.

Please!

/10char

Archived Post 02-21-2010 09:47 PM

I am liking the ideas. A lot.
Both (2 posted above me I think) are great. But different. I so no reason not to impliment both. :)

I would play the heck out of these. :)

Archived Post 02-21-2010 09:50 PM

oh yeah...

/signed

Archived Post 02-21-2010 09:53 PM

I fully agree with the OP i think this would be a major step in the right direction for PvP players and would allow for a more dynamic universe in this war.

Archived Post 02-21-2010 10:07 PM

/signed for the concept. Not 100% on your lay-out of it. But I would love ANYTHING like it =)

Archived Post 02-21-2010 10:07 PM

I had a thought something like this awhile ago. More in general terms though it probably would fit with your idea pretty well.

was basing it more off how Warhammer Online worked
That there would be open pvp sectors with control points scattered around it. As you fly to them opposite faction players could show up as enemy contacts on the main map and you could chase one or evade them like you do with the NPC ones.

Then when you get to a control point on the sector map it leads to an open instance like a fleet action for both sides. to fight over something like a planet or a starbase that people have to be and defend or attack for X amount of time.

IE: Lets say in Klingon space Feds would have whatever minutes to destroy a starbase in a fleet-action kind of thing while klingons coming in will get the 'defend the base' Afterwards it'll have a reset to give people time to join in on the other points. Longer reset on the more important ones shorter on the easier ones

So there would be a progression. On the big sector map the different actions are only unlocked in order.

I imagine something like four 'outposts' in a sector then two starbases then the one capital planet. Like one side successively taking an outpost unlocks one of the starbases and then after one of the starbases is completed then the planet is up for grabs and once the planet taken the whole sector flipped.

I figure as incentive maybe successful defends increases the strength of a point or make it take longer to be captured? Or increases a sector bonus or whatever reward you would like to use.

Archived Post 02-21-2010 10:10 PM

i think the pvp needs serious work, and we really really really need active, non que pvp, ala world pvp. Be it in just certain sectors or whatever, who cares get it sorted!