Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Why am I being attacked by Federation ships... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=123880)

Archived Post 02-21-2010 01:45 PM

Why am I being attacked by Federation ships...
 
Hi, just curious, I've been doing some missions in the Neutral Zone to blow up some Borg tech. In several of these missions I've seen Federation ships fighting Feds, and I've been attacked by Feds. What's the deal? Is this a pvp bug?

Archived Post 02-21-2010 01:46 PM

THey were given free tissues by Klingon to fight for them

Archived Post 02-21-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salz78
Hi, just curious, I've been doing some missions in the Neutral Zone to blow up some Borg tech. In several of these missions I've seen Federation ships fighting Feds, and I've been attacked by Feds. What's the deal? Is this a pvp bug?

I don't know about romulan space but in cardassian space, the deep space encouters are with terran federation /mirror universe ships and are the same as federation ships.

Archived Post 02-21-2010 02:14 PM

Yeah those ships you're fighting are Terran empire ships from the mirror universe, they aren't feds.

Archived Post 02-21-2010 02:19 PM

Ah cool, thanks guys. I was really confused.

Archived Post 02-21-2010 02:22 PM

no no - the op is right.

There is a mission in klingon space where you fight the borg.

For some god forsaken reason certain federation ships get tagged as klingons.

So you enter the instance with 15 or so federation ships, 3 or 4 klingon ships and 1 or 2 'enemy' federation ships.

no idea why - they seem to die VERY fast and have 'wtf stop shooting me' comming up a lot in chat.

Archived Post 02-21-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidel (Post 2169081)
no no - the op is right.

There is a mission in klingon space where you fight the borg.

For some god forsaken reason certain federation ships get tagged as klingons.

So you enter the instance with 15 or so federation ships, 3 or 4 klingon ships and 1 or 2 'enemy' federation ships.

no idea why - they seem to die VERY fast and have 'wtf stop shooting me' comming up a lot in chat.


Have you considered that the ships in question were probably taken over by the borg. The Borg are notorious (in the shows and movies) for beaming over away teams and taking crewman and ships over.

It could also be a bug.

Archived Post 02-21-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sopwith_Snipe
Have you considered that the ships in question were probably taken over by the borg. The Borg are notorious (in the shows and movies) for beaming over away teams and taking crewman and ships over.

It could also be a bug.

haha - but that doesnt explain the people in local chat complaing they just got blown up and why are they seeing the borg as friendly....

Archived Post 02-21-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidel (Post 2169081)
no no - the op is right.

There is a mission in klingon space where you fight the borg.

For some god forsaken reason certain federation ships get tagged as klingons.

So you enter the instance with 15 or so federation ships, 3 or 4 klingon ships and 1 or 2 'enemy' federation ships.

no idea why - they seem to die VERY fast and have 'wtf stop shooting me' comming up a lot in chat.

Oh are you talking about the borg hunt mission thing out of k7? I thought that was still pretty much busted and nobody did it anymore. I really could never figure out what I was supposed to be doing as there were a couple of typos in the mission description telling you to destroy two different things. I guess It must be some bug in the the queueing or they're forcing fed ships into the klingon side to alleviate the shortage of klingons.

Archived Post 02-21-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstiff
Oh are you talking about the borg hunt mission thing out of k7? I thought that was still pretty much busted and nobody did it anymore. I really could never figure out what I was supposed to be doing as there were a couple of typos in the mission description telling you to destroy two different things. I guess It must be some bug in the the queueing or they're forcing fed ships into the klingon side to alleviate the shortage of klingons.

I dont understand why the klingons need to be there at all...

but yea - as of last week, the mission is still as screwed as it was in beta.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:34 AM.