Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   If someone said they can turn you into a Superhero, would you do it? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124453)

Archived Post 02-22-2010 10:38 AM

If someone said they can turn you into a Superhero, would you do it?

Meaning you got to pick your power, and you got all that goes with it.

The catch is simple, you have to help others, be it in your town or around the world. You take on being a Hero, then you take on everything that comes with it. So would you do it?

Me, I would do it in a heart beat. But would you?

People will love you, and hate you. You will even get a few villians along the way, it's all part of taking on the Job.

Be what you want to be as a Superhero, and everything else follows after that.

So whould you?

Archived Post 02-22-2010 10:48 AM

I wouldn't.

I'm inherently lazy....so being pro-active like a superhero just isn't in me. :D

Archived Post 02-22-2010 10:49 AM

I would be all over that. What powers do I get?

Archived Post 02-22-2010 10:49 AM

If Chat could get the power to make people realize how stupid they are... Yes.
If all she gets is super strength and flight... No thanks.

Archived Post 02-22-2010 10:52 AM

*seconds chat*

Archived Post 02-22-2010 11:03 AM

i would, but id be more of a brooding anti hero. say all you want about batman, but chicks dig the bat. just look at the track record. the bat has several encounters with saucy lasses in tight clothing, supes on the other hand has one opinionated career driven woman, that probably can't even cook! :P

yes i judge a heroes worth by how much he gets laid, i am shallow and immature like that. and as you probably have guessed i don't have to high regards for aqua man's capabilities.

no offence meant after all this is just a fantasy, and if i am going to fantasize im going all the way :D

Archived Post 02-22-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowpig (Post 2176251)
*seconds chat*

Actually Chat can do it already... Kinda.
She just squints her eyes and shakes her ever so slightly. Its the "You are so stupid" look.

Archived Post 02-22-2010 11:08 AM

Could I have the powers and be the "hero" only when the mood struck?

My idealism has, over the course of several years, devolved into a type of moral ambiguity.. and Im not too sure the world wants to be saved.

Archived Post 02-22-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karek (Post 2176371)
i would, but id be more of a brooding anti hero. say all you want about batman, but chicks dig the bat. just look at the track record. the bat has several encounters with saucy lasses in tight clothing, supes on the other hand has one opinionated career driven woman, that probably can't even cook! :P

yes i judge a heroes worth by how much he gets laid, i am shallow and immature like that. and as you probably have guessed i don't have to high regards for aqua man's capabilities.

no offence meant after all this is just a fantasy, and if i am going to fantasize im going all the way :D

Aqua Man is very well regarded in certain...uh...circles......if you know what I mean.......

Archived Post 02-22-2010 11:12 AM

By solving other peoples problems you grow, but they dont, they havent learned.

And the fact that i dont care for the problems of others too much either, if i can only get powers if i have to help, ill decline ;)

You can make me a vampire anytime though, Anti Heros ftw, not a sparkly one though please,
I rather be a old school Masquerade Vampire the kind that burns in the sun ;D