Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Extended Grace Period Ends Tonight (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124749)

Archived Post 02-22-2010 05:41 PM

Extended Grace Period Ends Tonight

Hey Everyone,

We had previously extended the grace period for the following retailers:

* All AU Retailers
* Amazon DE

The extended grace period for these retailers will be ending tonight. If you purchased the game from one of these sources, and have NOT entered your retail key yet, you will need to add it in order to access Star Trek Online going forward.

Thank you for your continued support!

-Destra

Archived Post 02-23-2010 02:19 PM

Well, I bought at Amazon DE and I have long since entered my keys which appear in my account on this page. Nonetheless I am not allowed to log in right now... :confused:

Edit: Forget it, I actually did forget to enter the retail key from the box! I thougt the lifetime subscription would take care of everything. Plus, I didnīt visit the forums the last few days... So if anybody has the same problem which actually doesnīt seem to be the case... the problem is most likely sitting right in front of the screen. ^^

Thank you Cryptic, STO still rocks! :D

Archived Post 02-24-2010 06:21 AM

I would enter the key but there is no option to play the 30 days I already paid for and I am forced to subscribe for another month or more? You should treat customers well if you want them to subsribe and not as cash cows. For me this is a reason to quit. Maybe this is you are aiming at to get the servers stable. Respect.

Archived Post 02-24-2010 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plavi (Post 2196999)
I would enter the key but there is no option to play the 30 days I already paid for and I am forced to subscribe for another month or more? You should treat customers well if you want them to subsribe and not as cash cows. For me this is a reason to quit. Maybe this is you are aiming at to get the servers stable. Respect.

You've not done this before have you.

When you buy an MMO, you install, go to the reg page, fill it in, fill out your CC details, then go play your free month.

If you do not cancel within that month, at the billing date you will then be charged for FIRST time the monthly sub.

If you DO cancel within the first month, you don't get charged.

Simples.

Archived Post 02-24-2010 07:31 AM

Last Time i was on the Subscription Page and wanted to enter my Retail Key , i choose Game Time Card . I couldn't go one to the next page without entering a Game Time Card Code .

So choosing GTC you already have to have one to play the free month ???

Archived Post 02-24-2010 07:40 AM

Game time cards, I have no clue about. Does sound a little wrong though, I'd have thought the retail key would give you 30 days, and then if you type in your game card code, it'll 'add on' another 30 days?

I guess you could have kept your card 'untarnished' until the retail key expired maybe?

But yeah, sorry, I have no knowledge of Game time cards, just paying via CC or DC.

Archived Post 02-24-2010 11:26 AM

it adds up

Archived Post 02-24-2010 03:06 PM

math

30 days of free time + gtc 60 days = 90 days (three months), so if you activate it today, you can play until the 23rd May.

Archived Post 02-24-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toyan (Post 2197715)
Game time cards, I have no clue about. Does sound a little wrong though, I'd have thought the retail key would give you 30 days, and then if you type in your game card code, it'll 'add on' another 30 days?

I guess you could have kept your card 'untarnished' until the retail key expired maybe?

But yeah, sorry, I have no knowledge of Game time cards, just paying via CC or DC.

I Thought this was the case too, and I was a little frustrated because I have neither a CC nor a gamecard. So I closed out of the window in anger. A little while later I tried logging in to STO anyways (stubborn) and I could for my 30 free days.

My guess is that as soon as you type in the key and click contuine, and it accepts it and takes you to the billing page, yuo're good to go; the billing page is there for you to set up future payments, but its optional. However, it doesn't explicitely say that, which leds to confnusion.