Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   FvF pvp and how its going to hurt the game (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=125027)

Archived Post 02-23-2010 03:45 AM

FvF pvp and how its going to hurt the game

Keep in mind I play both fed and klink.

There are tons of problems with this game and I see one more major one on the horizon. That being fed vs fed pvp. Klingons have a hard enough time in respect to leveling vs their fed counterpart which is soon to be addressed which is good (to a point). But there is also a downside if klingons do more pve then the overall activity of pvp will more than likely go down since there will be a huge push to get to t5 meaning the lower tiers will more than likely see longer queue times. Couple that with the fact that feds will have the ability to stop crying (and a lot of them do) about how unfair cloak is by fighting only fed side and you are left with what i feel will be a major lack of people who will fight in FvK matches. Vanilla pvp is not my cup of tea, and i don't believe in fairness because its a myth, both sides have advantages and disadvantages so playing both sides is nice for me since you get to work off of different tactics to win. Lets face it there really isn't alot to do once you hit t5 but pvp. and to make that work and be engaging you really need to force some sort of interaction between the 2 sides. I don't want to see that interaction diminish. I'm not going to say that i predict that the game will essentially become two separate games since there wont be ANY FvP but I do fear that the PVP will suffer. And all of this can be avoided by not implementing FvF pvp.

These are my opinions on the matter. nobody that responds has anything resembling facts since its all supposition at this point. I would however like to hear other's thoughts on the subject.

Archived Post 02-23-2010 03:50 AM

if feds are hard up for fvf pvp (not to get easy points by cheating) then had to borg warzone 5 in kerrat in the neutral zone. it is FVF pvp

Archived Post 02-23-2010 04:12 AM

Let the players do what they want, don't force them to play FvK if they don't want to. I, too, believe balance is a myth but that doesn't mean that a lot of fed's simply aren't having fun. I mean FvK does force Fed's to be on the defensive in every match, which gets kind of annoying and dull. Let the Fed's have their PvP against other Fed's rather than force them into FvK, it'll help keep interest to let them actually be on the offensive sometimes.

I have a max level toon on both sides and I personally want to see FvF because it's another type of PvP I'll be able to enjoy. And also, it's already on the way so you'd be better off just accepting it.

Archived Post 02-23-2010 04:15 AM

The fear is that FvF will detract from FvK.

Simple solution: offer lesser or different rewards for FvF than FvK.

For example, no skill points or merits for FvF.

Archived Post 02-23-2010 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
The fear is that FvF will detract from FvK.

Simple solution: offer lesser or different rewards for FvF than FvK.

For example, no skill points or merits for FvF.

yes that would be nice, because as admiral i dont really care about that anyway.
And than we dont need to wait hours for one pvp match on klings because there arent enough admiral klings.

Archived Post 02-23-2010 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenixzor
yes that would be nice, because as admiral i dont really care about that anyway.
And than we dont need to wait hours for one pvp match on klings because there arent enough admiral klings.

Well, this would be a separate suggestion to change KvK not to reward skill points or Honor either.

I would only be in favour of that change once Klingons get alternate means of progress (i.e., PVE content). Until that happens, KvK should still reward Klingons as usual, in my opinion. Perhaps scaled down from FvK, if at all, to encourage FvK.

Archived Post 02-23-2010 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheatos (Post 2184008)
Keep in mind I play both fed and klink.

There are tons of problems with this game and I see one more major one on the horizon. That being fed vs fed pvp. Klingons have a hard enough time in respect to leveling vs their fed counterpart which is soon to be addressed which is good (to a point). But there is also a downside if klingons do more pve then the overall activity of pvp will more than likely go down since there will be a huge push to get to t5 meaning the lower tiers will more than likely see longer queue times. Couple that with the fact that feds will have the ability to stop crying (and a lot of them do) about how unfair cloak is by fighting only fed side and you are left with what i feel will be a major lack of people who will fight in FvK matches. Vanilla pvp is not my cup of tea, and i don't believe in fairness because its a myth, both sides have advantages and disadvantages so playing both sides is nice for me since you get to work off of different tactics to win. Lets face it there really isn't alot to do once you hit t5 but pvp. and to make that work and be engaging you really need to force some sort of interaction between the 2 sides. I don't want to see that interaction diminish. I'm not going to say that i predict that the game will essentially become two separate games since there wont be ANY FvP but I do fear that the PVP will suffer. And all of this can be avoided by not implementing FvF pvp.

These are my opinions on the matter. nobody that responds has anything resembling facts since its all supposition at this point. I would however like to hear other's thoughts on the subject.

Well I've been wanting FVF PVP and dueling since beta the only thing that I would change is that you should get no expereance points figting your own faction. And once the Klings have PVE content I would not want them to gain XP figting there own faction either (I know that right now they need it since they really can't do anything else.)

Archived Post 02-23-2010 05:21 AM

Then add about 300 more Klingon Admirals and perhaps you are right, but as it is, the ratio at Admiral is abnout 100 to 1 for Feds. That means we sit in hte queue for hours just to get one mission.

That's why we need FvF. IT has nothing to do with Klingons other than a lack of them.

Archived Post 02-23-2010 05:35 AM

Space pvp would be fun if you just take out the cloak. Sorta boring waiting and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Or cloak, fight, battle cloak so I don't diez!

Vanish in space? Who's bright idea was that....

edit: Don't care if it's op or not. It just draws out a match. I'm not here to stroke your ego, I just want my badges. I'm a pvper not a god damn drama queen 'man.'

So FvF here I come. At least the matches will be over quicker, faster, and harder.

Archived Post 02-23-2010 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arts
Space pvp would be fun if you just take out the cloak. Sorta boring waiting and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Or cloak, fight, battle cloak so I don't diez!

Vanish in space? Who's bright idea was that....

edit: Don't care if it's op or not. It just draws out a match. I'm not here to stroke your ego, I just want my badges. I'm a pvper not a god damn drama queen 'man.'

So FvF here I come. At least the matches will be over quicker, faster, and harder.

Gene Roddenberry I believe...