Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   The Terran Empire (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=125784)

Archived Post 02-23-2010 08:47 PM

The Terran Empire

I just got into captain and I have had a few missions with the terran empire. I don't recall them being mentioned in the path to 2409 or videos.

Can someone please explain their presence in this game other than the fact that they are part of TREK.:confused:

Archived Post 02-23-2010 08:57 PM

they're always trying to exploit our universe somehow, makes sense they'd show up sooner or later.

Archived Post 02-23-2010 09:24 PM

But the main story did not explain them what so ever. They just appeared out of nowhere. Is this not a major issue the federation needs to know about and deal with quickly. I mean there are ships pouring into our reality.

Archived Post 02-23-2010 11:17 PM

When you start to do missions as a Captain their story unfolds.

Winslow

Archived Post 02-24-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordwinslow (Post 2194261)
When you start to do missions as a Captain their story unfolds.

Winslow

True, but I agree with the OP that there needs to be a better explanation sooner as the wtf? Especially for newer players not so familiar with Trek.

Archived Post 02-24-2010 12:44 AM

actually, The Story is pretty good and explains it pretty well. consider this, YOU and the Federation Do not know what the hECK is going on UNTIL it's revealed fully along the path of the mission arch.

Archived Post 02-24-2010 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blowitup (Post 2193237)
I just got into captain and I have had a few missions with the terran empire. I don't recall them being mentioned in the path to 2409 or videos.

Can someone please explain their presence in this game other than the fact that they are part of TREK.:confused:

Considering the "Path to 2409" story wasn't finished due to DEV scheudling isues, this is not a suprise, but then again, as mentioned above the reasons should be made clear (hopefully) as your personal story progressses. Right now I am having a Dickens of a time with the ISS Molley mission at DS9.

Archived Post 02-24-2010 07:23 AM

The appearance of the mirror universe feds is actually pretty well explained and sort of neat how it plays out. At first I thought the same "wth are these guys doing here and how desperate did the devs get for enemies for us to blow up en masse!?" The story isn't fully explained but how it plays out/the closure was pretty awesome. Hang in there. :)

Archived Post 02-25-2010 03:08 PM

WTF... i thought the Terran Empire was defeated? After the DS9 Mirror Episodes there was only a Human/Terra Rebellion against the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance? Is there a explanation in the story line for this?

Archived Post 02-25-2010 03:17 PM

Is there an actual "Terran Empire" arc? I haven't been given such a mission yet, but I have tried to fight those guys (and their Mirandas almost shot my Intrepid out of the sky! :eek: )