Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Cryptic Survey (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=125947)

Archived Post 02-24-2010 01:47 AM

Cryptic Survey

Just had an email from Cryptic with a link a link to the survey page.

I'm glad they have a survey, and I hope people fill it out honestly, but did anyone else find it a bit... limiting? I mean, the questions asking about what else we would like to see etc only allowed one answer in some cases, and to be honest I could have reeled of a list as long as my arm.

I think it's great they've implemented a survey, but I can't help but feel it's a slightly wasted opportunity for them to get some real answers from people.

What did everyone else think? Have you filled it in? I'd recommend it, as it doesn't take long and you get 240 Cryptic points for your trouble.

It's not perfect, but it's a start!

Archived Post 02-24-2010 01:48 AM

yeah it was a little strange that you could choose 'other' for some questions with no way to actually say what that other is.

Archived Post 02-24-2010 01:51 AM

i gave my most honest answers and i think the survey is a great way to go seems they are wanting to listen to the gamers and the fans more of this less of this.

however they should have asked in what order do you want to see things added to the game then they would have a better starting place to work from...

but all round great idea though

Archived Post 02-24-2010 01:53 AM

yeah :D

Am I the only one who as checked all possibilities when they ask what we want to see in the future of STo :D

Archived Post 02-24-2010 01:54 AM

I think everyone did lol.

And I hope this isn't the last survey they do. They should make it a regular thing.

Archived Post 02-24-2010 01:56 AM

I guess they limited the answers to ensure that:

a) it was something they could actually deliver and not something that would require an engine rewrite

b) they limited what you could pick from a list of things they could achieve in a reasonable timeframe

c) they picked a small sample of things so they understand what the majority of players would like, not just the minority that actually posts on forums. The Devs know what the forum posters want, the c-store bribe is to ensure they capture a more realistic section of the population.

d) if you limit the options on a survey to the ones you can achieve, it will not cause you a nasty surprise later when your boss wants to know why you haven't implemented the overwhelming request from the player-base...

Archived Post 02-24-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jor-El (Post 2195597)
yeah :D

Am I the only one who as checked all possibilities when they ask what we want to see in the future of STo :D

I considered this, but really - this is unrealistic, so I checked 3 or 4 of the ones I think should have priority.

Archived Post 02-24-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rive-Caedo
I considered this, but really - this is unrealistic, so I checked 3 or 4 of the ones I think should have priority.

same, i figure checking them all is useless, they'll just cut those out and go by how different the actual amounts are for priority.

Archived Post 02-24-2010 02:06 AM

They should decide for themselves what takes priority. If you wanted to see all features, you should tick all the boxes. I dont mind what order they arrive in, just that they do.

:D

Archived Post 02-24-2010 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streakfury (Post 2195693)
They should decide for themselves what takes priority. If you wanted to see all features, you should tick all the boxes. I dont mind what order they arrive in, just that they do.

:D

you might be fine with that but i do have priority on what i want to see first.