Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   IF Death Penalty; THEN Buff Escorts (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=127594)

Archived Post 02-25-2010 08:23 PM

IF Death Penalty; THEN Buff Escorts
 
Yes, seriously.

Every time I'm in a Deep Space Encounter or Fleet Action, I'm spamming the crud out of my abilities -- everything is almost always on cooldown, while at the same time I see the big cruiser painlessly floating around shooting at everything with his nifty beams doing about 3/4 of the damage I do but with 3x the shielding and and hull strength I do.

I like the escort; I love how frantic the gameplay is, but for all you people out there requesting a death penalty, please think of your poor, fragile, Escort friend that sees the respawn timer a dozen times more often than you do.

Proposition:

If there is to be a death penalty, either:
1) buff Escort shields and/or hulls,
2) buff Escort weaponry to be on-par with how weak their defenses are (glass cannon rather than glass pistol),
3) make the Death Penalty a weak one (repair system, ok, but please don't take XP, boffs, or items).


I'd really like to see all 3 of these happen, but one would be a step in the right direction.

Archived Post 02-25-2010 08:25 PM

There's nothing wrong with escorts. You just need to setup your ship better.

Harsh, I know, but I lost patience with people who make ultimatum requests like this a long time ago when I played SWG.

Edit: And, for the record, I fly an Escort.

Archived Post 02-25-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
There's nothing wrong with escorts. You just need to setup your ship better.

Harsh, I know, but I lost patience with people who make ultimatum requests like this a long time ago when I played SWG.

Edit: And, for the record, I fly an Escort.

I didn't say there was anything "wrong with escorts". I'm saying, if there's to be a penalty for playing the game a certain way, then a balance should be reached.

Archived Post 02-25-2010 08:28 PM

Frankly I do not want to see Escorts made more survivable. I also don't want to see a Death Penalty, precisely because I fly exclusively Escorts.

It is fine as it is now. Please leave things alone. A Death Penalty will only hurt those of us who fly weaker ships.

Archived Post 02-25-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Frankly I do not want to see Escorts made more survivable. I also don't want to see a Death Penalty, precisely because I fly exclusively Escorts.

It is fine as it is now. Please leave things alone. A Death Penalty will only hurt those of us who fly weaker ships.

I'd agree, I don't want a death penalty (beyond the minor one now) either, but they've already stated it's coming, so if that's the case, I want them to think about how it will affect 1/3 of the ship classes more so than the other 2/3.

Just so I'm understood -- I would prefer things stay how they are now rather than add a death penalty.

Archived Post 02-25-2010 08:34 PM

well then stop flying the weaker ships. Escorts are for dmg, not for surviving. You want to survive fly a cruiser or a science ship. You want to do dps and get the best drops then deal with dying and the penatlies that dying brings

Archived Post 02-25-2010 08:35 PM

I have a proposal

The death penalty is your crew, the more you lose the more it costs to get back, ok obviously cruiser has the most crew so they gotta pay more when they die

BUT , give cruisers 2 points more of turn rate at t4 and 1 point and T5, or else NO GO, and the death penalty is even

Cruisers need a buff the most in pve, and small amount in pvp

Archived Post 02-25-2010 08:36 PM

Escorts: We put the glass in glass cannon. :D

Archived Post 02-25-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troglis (Post 2220193)
well then stop flying the weaker ships. Escorts are for dmg, not for surviving. You want to survive fly a cruiser or a science ship. You want to do dps and get the best drops then deal with dying and the penatlies that dying brings

Is anyone reading what I'm saying? Do I need to make it more clear?

I have NO PROBLEMS WITH ESCORTS AS-IS, but if there's going to be a death penalty (depending on severity), please take into consideration how it might affect Escorts. If there's a 5% loss in XP or a boff gets taken out of action for half an hour every time their ship blows up, a lot of people probably won't be flying Escorts anymore.

Archived Post 02-25-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majicebe (Post 2220180)
I'd agree, I don't want a death penalty (beyond the minor one now) either, but they've already stated it's coming, so if that's the case, I want them to think about how it will affect 1/3 of the ship classes more so than the other 2/3.

Just so I'm understood -- I would prefer things stay how they are now rather than add a death penalty.

So basically you are saying rather than addapting/improving your strategy, you would rather not add something that could potential be a good thing for a many people? It's not like it is impossible to play it a bit more careful and stay alive.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:14 AM.