Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   State of the Game from a skeptic (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=127653)

Archived Post 02-25-2010 09:59 PM

State of the Game from a skeptic

I must admit I complained with the best of them, but I am happy they posted the future plans for the game. We all have our own opinions about what kind of game STO should exhibit. While it may get nasty in these forums from time to time(ok more often then not, which i am guilty of) I think almost all of us want STO to succeed, grow or at least have the potientially to become the game you as an individual will enjoy.

Regardless, the posted "State of the Game" is good news and deserves an opportunity to peak the interest of those reluctant to give STO another chance. I think the lack of communication left players vaciliating. I do know that even the so called "whinners" appreciate the update, even if it is enough information to garantee his/her departure from STO. If that is the case, players who currently enjoy STO no longer have to listen to the so called "whinning." Also, folks who disprove of STO can migrate with the satisfaction of knowing they had all the facts about the game and consequently able to make the right personal decision. I for one can be hopeful. Then again who cares what I think. I am sure I will get flamed for this thread.

Archived Post 02-25-2010 10:02 PM

They address most of my wishes in this State of the Game. Provided they really do it, I must admit that I'm very pleased with what I read as well.

Archived Post 02-25-2010 10:09 PM

It just worries me to be honest....

They talk about fixes etc content... then they sneak in "Which races should be playable next"???

WTF... I do not care, unless you are releasing another playable FACTION with new quest lines and starter zone. I do no care about your cryptic store selling races that basically boil down to the same polygon model with a different mesh on it saved onto my computer!

5 man raids are standard content for MMO btw. WOW had RFC (Rage fire chasm) at lvl 12 which i played 6(YES 6) years ago...

worrying!

Archived Post 02-25-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrexs
They talk about fixes etc content... then they sneak in "Which races should be playable next"???

WTF... I do not care, unless you are releasing another playable FACTION with new quest lines and starter zone. I do no care about your cryptic store selling races that basically boil down to the same polygon model with a different mesh on it saved onto my computer!

What makes you believe that they only mean races sellable in the c-store and not a whole new playable faction?

Archived Post 02-25-2010 10:24 PM

The state of the game that just came out was the start of what I was personally hoping for. I know that even with limitless resources they cannot push out entire changes as fast as people will want them. However, having a plan and sharing that with the community is a major first step. Even talking about the next playable faction, even though many of us don't expect that for a very long time, its still nice to know that they acknowledge the players wishes.

I know that no matter what is said, plans made or changes talked about there will be people that are going to cancel, but for those of us still in and people watching the game from afar its good news. Most importantly, its a start.

Archived Post 02-25-2010 10:30 PM

I really enjoyed this state of the game. Lots of fun stuff in there. It was nice to see ship interiors listed among other great plans for the future. I'd like to see at least one mid level raidisode. say at Cmdr 5.

Archived Post 02-25-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baci
The state of the game that just came out was the start of what I was personally hoping for. I know that even with limitless resources they cannot push out entire changes as fast as people will want them. However, having a plan and sharing that with the community is a major first step. Even talking about the next playable faction, even though many of us don't expect that for a very long time, its still nice to know that they acknowledge the players wishes.

I know that no matter what is said, plans made or changes talked about there will be people that are going to cancel, but for those of us still in and people watching the game from afar its good news. Most importantly, its a start.

You make a good point. I think this can at least help those watching from a far(well said) make a decision or best case senario be plesantly suprised.

Archived Post 02-25-2010 10:39 PM

I keep seeing all this commotion about a death penalty, because the game needs some kind of risk... yet there is so little reward in the game right now, there doesn't seem to be a point.

Why have a death penalty simply tacked on abitrarily?

I honestly don't mind death penalties, but there has to be a reason to risk that penalty. As it stands now, the loot in the game is just not worth the current effort.

In short, you best make some better rewards to match the increased risk.

All the other stuff looked good, although I could have done without the salesman lingo.

Archived Post 02-25-2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrexs

5 man raids are standard content for MMO btw. WOW had RFC (Rage fire chasm) at lvl 12 which i played 6(YES 6) years ago...

worrying!

WoW released with a relatively phenomenal amount of content. STO doesn't even come close. I'm sticking around for the time being though, for one reason only... I enjoy the ship combat. If more ship combat oriented content, better and more interesting loot, and some form of alternate advancement get put into the game, I'll keep paying.

Archived Post 02-25-2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blenda
What makes you believe that they only mean races sellable in the c-store and not a whole new playable faction?

i guess what he meant was that they should first bring klingons to the same level the federation is before implementing other races/factions. that "what race is next" thing kinda sounds like they think the first two are finished.