Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Atari Closes Community Chat (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=129891)

Archived Post 02-28-2010 12:28 PM

Atari Closes Community Chat

Well here is the dead horse and I am going to beat it.

(I edited out my link due to this forum rule)Cross Linking
Posts and/or private messages that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, contain links to threads from other forums may be subject to an infraction

I cannot argue with wanting to stop forum violations and keep things friendly, but this does kinda add fuel to the "they are trying to silence us" cryers in regards to all this free time controversy.

I am not trying to get my account suspended. Even though this is from another Atari owned site I want to be very careful here.

Archived Post 02-28-2010 12:29 PM

Where is this community chat?

NVM

Archived Post 02-28-2010 12:31 PM

Posted from that link:

Hello everyone,

You may have noticed some changes have been made around here today. After much discussion and deliberation with senior staff here at Atari the decision has been made to close the community chat forum. As of late the community chat has been a forum full of controversy and repeated violations of the forums terms of use. This decision was not made to punish any individuals or groups for past or current actions, but was more focused on the growing concerns regarding the more mature nature of some of the posts made within this community.

Our aim in taking this action is not to drive our users away from this forum as we value all our community members, but we do wish to make this a friendlier environment where anyone can join in discussions without worry.

In regards to moderators within this forum, that will be discussed with our staff and then handled appropriately. If you wish to comment on this topic or have concerns feel free to send me a pm and I will do what I can to field your questions.

Please be assured that this decision was made in the best interest of the overall community and we look forward to your continued participation here on the Atari.com forums!

Thank you,

Implausible
Atari Inc. Staff

Archived Post 02-28-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valarius
Well here is the dead horse and I am going to beat it.

Anyone else find the timing of this kinda funny?
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...4#post11733024

I cannot argue with wanting to stop forum violations and keep things friendly, but this does kinda add fuel to the "they are trying to silence us" cryers in regards to all this free time controversy.

Well they can't afford the bad publicity until they're sold out of boxes. Hell they're offering to pay you to take a boxed copy, go for it.

Archived Post 02-28-2010 12:32 PM

I guess the Cryptic Defense Forces got their wish and people went to Atari's forums to rant. That turned out well.

there you all go

"If you wish to comment on this topic or have concerns feel free to send me a pm and I will do what I can to field your questions."

spam that dude and leave these forums so we can talk about the game agian

Translation... we dont like your opinion on our products and how we do business. Since you cannot be positive we will not give you a venue to speak at all.

Looks like Atari itself saw this comming and wanted to keep it off the site where they were trying to sell the game.

Archived Post 02-28-2010 12:33 PM

WOW, people were acting out their anger in Atari's chat too?

This might have a bigger fallout radius then I thought.

Archived Post 02-28-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumbleskin (Post 2253437)
there you all go

"If you wish to comment on this topic or have concerns feel free to send me a pm and I will do what I can to field your questions."

spam that dude and leave these forums so we can talk about the game agian

Yes it is good PR to silence the community of all opinion and take it behind closed doors.

What do you mean talk about the game again? Are you talking about "Can I Haz Rainbow Phazers Plz?"