Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   DEVS: Antiproton weapons will ruin pvp. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=130323)

Archived Post 03-01-2010 01:06 AM

DEVS: Antiproton weapons will ruin pvp.
 
Facing several guys in pvp with antiproton cannons, well, there is no facing them, because you die, with full or nearly full shields, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Rotate shield freq, RSP, doesn't matter, because we're talking shielding.

This isn't feed back pulse, it's the weapons.

You might as well take your shields off. Sorry, antiproton weapons need their chance at going through shields removed. Buff them to have a chance at something else, but this makes pvp unplayable, unless you want to remove shields from the game. Then pvp will be over in a blink. It already is for those of us not yet decked out with them, but when everyone has them, and anything we do with shields is seen to be useless, pvp will up and die completely. Seriously DEVS, test it yourselves with antiproton cannons, and see what happens.

Archived Post 03-01-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kheldor9
Facing several guys in pvp with antiproton cannons, well, there is no facing them, because you die, with full or nearly full shields, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Rotate shield freq, RSP, doesn't matter, because we're talking shielding.

This isn't feed back pulse, it's the weapons.

You might as well take your shields off. Sorry, antiproton weapons need their chance at going through shields removed. Buff them to have a chance at something else, but this makes pvp unplayable, unless you want to remove shields from the game. Then pvp will be over in a blink. It already is for those of us not yet decked out with them, but when everyone has them, and anything we do with shields is seen to be useless, pvp will up and die completely. Seriously DEVS, test it yourselves with antiproton cannons, and see what happens.

Antiproton weapons don't have a chance to bypass shields. They get +20% stronger critical severity.

Archived Post 03-01-2010 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kheldor9
Facing several guys in pvp with antiproton cannons, well, there is no facing them, because you die, with full or nearly full shields, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Rotate shield freq, RSP, doesn't matter, because we're talking shielding.

This isn't feed back pulse, it's the weapons.

You might as well take your shields off. Sorry, antiproton weapons need their chance at going through shields removed. Buff them to have a chance at something else, but this makes pvp unplayable, unless you want to remove shields from the game. Then pvp will be over in a blink. It already is for those of us not yet decked out with them, but when everyone has them, and anything we do with shields is seen to be useless, pvp will up and die completely. Seriously DEVS, test it yourselves with antiproton cannons, and see what happens.

Dear feddie bear... Hazard Emitters and Engineering team will give you what you are looking for...

:rolleyes:

Archived Post 03-01-2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magitek (Post 2259368)
Antiproton weapons don't have a chance to bypass shields. They get +20% stronger critical severity.

Incorrect. They have a chance to bypass and +60 to crit severity.

Archived Post 03-01-2010 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kheldor9
Facing several guys in pvp with antiproton cannons, well, there is no facing them, because you die, with full or nearly full shields, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Rotate shield freq, RSP, doesn't matter, because we're talking shielding.

This isn't feed back pulse, it's the weapons.

You might as well take your shields off. Sorry, antiproton weapons need their chance at going through shields removed. Buff them to have a chance at something else, but this makes pvp unplayable, unless you want to remove shields from the game. Then pvp will be over in a blink. It already is for those of us not yet decked out with them, but when everyone has them, and anything we do with shields is seen to be useless, pvp will up and die completely. Seriously DEVS, test it yourselves with antiproton cannons, and see what happens.

QQ

Seriously, the bypassing shield proc, if it even exists, isnt that much. The whole damage doesnt apply to the hull, just a percentage, so the shields still keep you alive longer than if you didnt have them. From the sounds of it, you need to learn how to pvp... learn to use hull repair abilities.

If anything, they need to improve the dps of antiproton weapons... from what Ive noticed, the extra crit chance doesnt seem to work...

Archived Post 03-01-2010 01:13 AM

They deffintley have a chance to bypass the shields dont no about the crit other then the the fact there epic which is not really a antiproton advantage. On another note are u sure you are talking about antirpoton is the weapon your talking about blue?

Archived Post 03-01-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lugh (Post 2259374)
Dear feddie bear... Hazard Emitters and Engineering team will give you what you are looking for...

:rolleyes:

First, my brilliant erudite friend (can't say what I want to say) I was playing T5 pvp as a Klingon, so you know what you can do with your insult. Second, you guys are dead wrong. When the Feds we were facing had 2 or 3 escorts decked out with antiproton cannons, they destroyed us, and they did it with our shields full. Nothing could be done, period.

Archived Post 03-01-2010 01:19 AM

Once again are u sure you are talking about antiproton? what did the weapon look like?

Archived Post 03-01-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flato (Post 2259396)
They deffintley have a chance to bypass the shields dont no about the crit other then the the fact there epic which is not really a antiproton advantage. On another note are u sure you are talking about antirpoton is the weapon your talking about blue?

Antiproton was my guess by process of elimination, being that nothing else I have faced in pvp takes out my hull while leaving my shields. I have cannons and turrets, and I use FBP myself, so I do know what it looks like.

Archived Post 03-01-2010 01:24 AM

Well for one i hope u are right because that would mean antiproton isnt worthless because of how many skill points it is but i have a feeling you are wrong, and something else is in the air i have used antiproton for weeks and other then the purp extra they dont seem that great. Odds are either its something else or u are just going up agnist skilled opponents. Antiprotons have a small chance of hitting the hull u would certinaley take shield damage as well and theres the arguement that it doesnt matter since u would be alternating damage between hull and shields vs teteryon which would just get the shields down quick and pound ur hull.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 PM.