Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Dying for a reason to stay....STO community help Make It So! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=132370)

Archived Post 03-03-2010 05:02 PM

Dying for a reason to stay....STO community help Make It So!

Well as the title state I am Dying for a reason to stay with STO. Since Cryptic/Atari have done nearly nothing to get me to want to keep giving them my money. I am going to see if the STO community can or will even try to help.

My reasons for cancelling my sub, not wanting to give them more money, or what ever else you want to call it are moot, too all of you. I am simply asking that you give me some good reasons as to why you think STO is worth continuing to support at this time. I am not looking for blind fan logic, or the opposite. I just want some feedback from those who are staying as to why I should.

You might be asking why you should even bother? Well I have only 1 reason to give for that. The more people who stay and support STO the more money they have to put back into it. While my measly $14.99 doesnt really amount to much, the point is vaild. Who knows you might have that 1 point that others are looking for to stay as well.

I am a firm believer that a games community goes a long way in making or breaking a MMO. If STO is to make it, it will be soley because of its community of supporters who do everything they can to keep the player base as large as possible. Unfortunately, it appears to me that Cryptic/Atari is leaving this job up to the players as well as. So I am asking all those who really want STO to succeed, help me find a reason to stay.

If all you can do is ask for my stuff, flame, or troll my thread then all your doing is proving why the choice to leave is the right one. This is your chance to show your concern about STO's success and help it keep at least 1 more sub, maybe more.

Archived Post 03-03-2010 05:05 PM

You should stay because you enjoy the game. If you don't you shouldn't.

It's not calculus...

Archived Post 03-03-2010 05:06 PM

Role playing is always a reason to stay. Those guys are happy in any game, they are good players, they can have fun in an open room, and they are smart as heck. So that is my suggestion for any player in any game, spend some time role playing and having fun.

Archived Post 03-03-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinetyNine

It's not calculus...

That sums it all up nicely. :)

Archived Post 03-03-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

It's not calculus...

Agreed, no one can make you stay but you.

Archived Post 03-03-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

It's not calculus...

As a calculus teacher I take offense to that. Calculus is a great math subject and I dont appreciate the implication that its not. Ive taught Nasa engineers, and scientists. Lots of them.

Okay all that was a lie. I never even took it. BUT STILL!!!!! I bet there's someone out there that would have said that so Im saying it for them. So......there.

i'd say swing an alt by my fleet for some RP if you were interested, but if your not in the GMT timezone, i doubt you'd see them...

way i look at it is if you honestly enjoy the game, and have no problems with its major componants (like the engine, how its set up) and feel remorse at the idea of leaving, then look at all the things that make you feel like you want to leave.

measure them against each other, the good, the bad and the downright ugly and see what comes out on top.

in short, stay till you honestly feel you cant take no more. if your not sure then tell you what, i still have my buddy key free.. keep an eye out for the big update around day 45 and once it hits, drop me a PM and i'll send the key to you and you have pop back in for a few days and see if those changes are enough to make you want to sub again.. cant have anyone with a quintesson as an avatar leave :p

Quote:

It's not calculus...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic_One (Post 2291940)
That sums it all up nicely. :)

Seriously guys im not dumb, and i know this already. If I didnt enjoy STO I wouldnt have even bothered to post this thread. Like i said though my reasons for leaving are moot to all of you since they are my reasons. This is the kind of stuff that just reinforces leaving. I am certain you both could actually come up with some real ideas or reasons why. How about you try that, if you just can't or anyone else just dont bother to post at all.

So far not off to a good start.

Archived Post 03-03-2010 05:12 PM

And calculus sucks way more than STO :)

Archived Post 03-03-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FelisNiveus (Post 2291991)
And calculus sucks way more than STO :)

Not if you solve for the integer and throw all the rest away.