Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Infected = Insanity (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=132681)

Archived Post 03-04-2010 06:43 AM

Infected = Insanity

The respawns of areas you already cleared was crazy. Especially since the revive respawn point was all the way at the start of the mission. My team had to reclear areas and their 'nodes' twice, which is total b.s. I know, I know, they are the Borg. They adapt and repair...hogwash!

I had a great time not completing the mission. The space battle at the start was cool. It took coordinated effort, but was won fairly quickly. But the ground was like a crazy bee-hive. Again, I had fun, but the respawns were just insane. And the ambushes while engaged in combat was a nice touch, but again, insane.

Our biggest problem was we lost 1 of our team soon after ground combat begun on the station. So we were down to 4. We made it about halfway through the map w/out our 5th captain (who should be a damn ensing if he did not dc and just quit w/out a word). But after numerous deaths and suicide runs to take out the nodes, and finally getting a little momentum, we lost a second captain. With 3 of us left, we didnt even bother to continue.

To my teammates, thanks for the effort. It was a good day to die, even if we werent Klingon! :D

My reccommendation, even though I know there will be people who beat this, is re-examine the respawn points and the enemy respawns...or at least one or the other. I will try again as soon as my blood pressure drops. (lol)

Archived Post 03-04-2010 07:02 AM

You think that's bad? We got to the end and you need 3 people to scan 3 poles to disable a shield 4 seperate times, to get to each poit you need to jump across boxes, you die instantly if you fall and you can't respawn. If more than 2 die, you don't have enough to continue, you suicide and it all resets.
Heck even when you stay alive long enough the shields come back up and even when you're clearing out single points, Borg just beam back in to replace those dead.

With the average skill of random players trying to beat this annoying nonsense is ridiculous.

Archived Post 03-04-2010 07:22 AM

What's scary is that once three people take the shield down on one of the generators you get an option to upload a virus to it. My group was reduced to three people so we didn't get to test it, but uploading a virus to a single generator does nothing as they all respawn and shields are brought back up, which lead me to believe all four shields need to go down within 3-4 minutes and virus has to be uploaded simultaneously on all four generators.

Archived Post 03-04-2010 07:39 AM

I'm so glad I didn't renew so all I could do was try and beat yet another "CE".

Archived Post 03-04-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.Lockheed
What's scary is that once three people take the shield down on one of the generators you get an option to upload a virus to it. My group was reduced to three people so we didn't get to test it, but uploading a virus to a single generator does nothing as they all respawn and shields are brought back up, which lead me to believe all four shields need to go down within 3-4 minutes and virus has to be uploaded simultaneously on all four generators.

Indeed. once the shield on the generator gos down you upload the virus then have 4minutes until the generator "rebots" with shield. so you need to get all four shields down and all four generators upload with in that time zone or you get to do it all over again..

Archived Post 03-04-2010 07:53 AM

Wow. That is pretty bad.

Was there at least a timer with a countdown after the virus is downloaded? Seems they werent kidding when they said in the update notes that teams will also need "a little luck".

Archived Post 03-04-2010 08:10 AM

My team just failed this, ground combat was going ok until the area with the shielded generators. Often by the time we got the 4th shield down the first was backup.

We did manage to release the borg commander a few times but shes got about 27k health and kept one shotting the entire group :( Dont really want to complain about anything as it was just a random group first attempt but perhaps the shield generators should adapt a little slower.

Overall it was pretty intense and im looking forward to another attempt later :)

Archived Post 03-04-2010 08:27 AM

Well lets see we FINALLY got to the last room with 4 ppl got the shields down released the boss and she quicky killed us all........ as soon as we respawned it reset its rediculous and is essencially a programmer having a laugh this is a TERRIBLE instance and is way too hard for 5 ppl to do with any sort of coherincy. I mean if u take the fact that most of the time our away team does healing and such we simply do not have enough oppertunities during the game to practise this type of thing if its not changed VERY soon u will be loosing a subscriber. You either didnt play test it properly or just yet again dont care.

Archived Post 03-04-2010 08:50 AM

My group just tried this mission. Everything was going ok until the borg leader. The most we ever got her to was half health and then she quickly punished us.

It is a great mission and requires alot of team work. Even though we wiped 3 times on the borg leader and didnt win I enjoyed every moment of it and I am looking forward to trying it again tonight. The respawn of drones is crazy but it most definitely adds a Star trek feel to the borg. Hopefully next time I will win!

Archived Post 03-04-2010 09:02 AM

Indeed parts of "Infected" need to be turned down a bit. Fighting trash mobs for 2 hours is a pain, the respawn rate is too fast and let's not even talk about the room with the four shield generators. I can't recall any mission in the game, where you have to play jump-and-run.
I seriously doubt, that the designers of this played it through a couple of times to test it as a whole (and if they did, I question their common sense), because it is just not funny.
And not even remotely balanced risk vs reward.