Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   want to improve startrek online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=134275)

Archived Post 03-06-2010 02:05 PM

want to improve Star Trek online

want to improve startrek online... make it more like eve online and less like world of ********

eve online u can play for 6 years and still not finish learning. the best mmo in the world to me

this is baisicaly in game footage of a 0.0 sovereignty battle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDVEHE10nHc

Archived Post 03-06-2010 02:08 PM

Umm..no. People LEFT EvE because STO WASN'T like EvE.

Archived Post 03-06-2010 02:08 PM

I want it to be nothing like Eve Online. If I wanted to play Eve I'd just re-sub my Eve account and play it.

Archived Post 03-06-2010 02:09 PM

So...

Why not go play EvE Online?

I say this as someone who was just ambushing folks in a Hound two hours ago.

-np

Archived Post 03-06-2010 02:15 PM

game play is a little too simple and repetative

players should have more of a carreer path that they can choose

i wish that startrek online was just like eve online as a space game not like WOW

SHIPS SHOULD BE EARNED - in stead of players playing for a certain amount of time then getting a new ship and in a month having the best ship you can get, the game has lost its appeal by then..

EVE ONLINE - has a massive skill stock, players can chose from, Science, Trade, Gunnery, mechanics, engeneering,

star trek online needs to have a bit more depth, and thought that a player may have been paying for 3 or 4 years and is no better than a player that has been playing for a few months because there is only a certain ammount of skills you can use

i know there is a skill development in STO which takes time to work through, but the learning curve for the game could be better

i look forward to a good expantion pack in the future

i am sorry to keep mentioning EVE online but, it is a real benchmark when it comes to space MMOs

if eve had federation, klingon. romulan, borg, ETC,

it would be perfect

Archived Post 03-06-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobelius-Tertiary-Adjunct

i wish that startrek online was just like eve online as a space game not like WOW

SHIPS SHOULD BE EARNED - in stead of players playing for a certain amount of time then getting a new ship and in a month having the best ship you can get, the game has lost its appeal by then..

EVE ONLINE - has a massive skill stock, players can chose from, Science, Trade, Gunnery, mechanics, engeneering,

star trek online needs to have a bit more depth, and thought that a player may have been paying for 3 or 4 years and is no better than a player that has been playing for a few months because there is only a certain ammount of skills you can use

i know there is a skill development in STO which takes time to work through, but the learning curve for the game could be better

i am sorry to keep mentioning EVE online but, it is a real benchmark when it comes to space MMOs

it would be perfect

Sure. Except I don't want an MMO that feels like a second job, thanks.
The only thing I want them to import from EVE is fleet controllable stations/meaningful PVP.

Archived Post 03-06-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobelius-Tertiary-Adjunct

it would be perfect

EvE is only a benchmark because it's the only one with any real measure of success. However, you're asking this game to stop being the clone of one game (which it isn't) and start being the clone of another. You won't get a lot of support in that cause.

Archived Post 03-06-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanW
Sure. Except I don't want an MMO that feels like a second job, thanks.
The only thing I want them to import from EVE is fleet controllable stations/meaningful PVP.

i have been playing for a few months since beta testing, and i feel i have reached as far as i can get,

yes it may feel a little like a clone of a game maybe but why settle for second best

STO could quite easily find some break throughs that make it better than eve i just don't belive the game has enough depth at its current stage

Archived Post 03-06-2010 02:26 PM

You realize there's a ton of folks out there that HATE how EvE is set up?

Well, not me, obviously, I just posted about ganking people with my Hound, but there's a reason EvE has the nickname "spreadsheets in space".

-np

Archived Post 03-06-2010 02:29 PM

the game at its current stage is .... KILL = xp ... KILL = xp complete mission of killing = xp

... explore here... find a system, kill = xp kill = xp

... hmmm this is exactly like last mission.. different scenery

why cant u get xp from trading - i want a new ship should be able to make some money from trading and get a new one, or manafacturing,

or at least gain some experience from something other than murdering klingons