Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Fun with the Feds (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=134681)

Archived Post 03-07-2010 10:27 AM

Fun with the Feds
 
Hello, I'm new to this side of the game, but several of us had a blast in PvP. We are LtC level so we went to the resource area with the Borg. We'd cloak and fly around till we spotted some feds fighting the Borg. We would then come up behind them, uncloak and kill them, recloak and repeat. The chat coming from the fed side was not polite, but we got lots of laughs out of it. When they quit respawning we would cloak and finish mish then do it again. Lots of tears were shead on fed side that night, and lots of Bloodwine drank on klingon side. Anyone else have fun things to do to the feds?

Archived Post 03-07-2010 11:09 AM

Honest opinion from someone who has only pvp'd in this game?

That is a mission zone and they went there for PVE not PVP. I would have let them complete the mission as a klingon if they voiced any complaints. If I was a fed and the klinks were acting like this in what is a pve zone I would have attempted to find another open instance without you there.

There are a few areas of this game where PVP is not consentual and this is one of them. I try to keep in mind that if you enter a zone not marked as PVP as this game is alive today mostly as a result of PVE and in time I hope to have some feds to PVP with who actualy want to PVP.

So I'm glad you had fun, but to be honest it looks like it was at the expense of their fun.

/shrug

Archived Post 03-07-2010 11:34 AM

It was listed as a PvP quest when I did it on fed side. Both sides had the same quest when we entered the zone. The one to finish first got the credit for the mish. What makes this a PvE mish? We just won it by makeing the other side quit. What's wrong with that, that the consept behind total war. If you hit on your enemy hard enough and long enough he will give up.

Archived Post 03-07-2010 11:38 AM

It is a pvp zone. Spawn campers unite there. It is good times.

It is listed as a war zone. What happens in war....pvp!

They consented by going. They can leave. They do not have to do the misison if they don't want too. They have tons of other pve to explore.

Archived Post 03-07-2010 11:53 AM

yeah, i love open pvp... when i was fed doing the war zone id love it when a klink would try to gank me... ahhh it reminded me of back in 07-08 when wows' pvp was still fun...except for the fact we're in space ships with laser beams...

Archived Post 03-07-2010 11:53 AM

it is a pvp zone and the idea is to stop the feds completing it.
But it still completes the quests even if you lose.

Archived Post 03-07-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbanlamb (Post 2321687)
Honest opinion from someone who has only pvp'd in this game?

That is a mission zone and they went there for PVE not PVP. I would have let them complete the mission as a klingon if they voiced any complaints. If I was a fed and the klinks were acting like this in what is a pve zone I would have attempted to find another open instance without you there.

There are a few areas of this game where PVP is not consentual and this is one of them. I try to keep in mind that if you enter a zone not marked as PVP as this game is alive today mostly as a result of PVE and in time I hope to have some feds to PVP with who actualy want to PVP.

So I'm glad you had fun, but to be honest it looks like it was at the expense of their fun.

/shrug

That zone is a PvE AND PvP free for all zone. I was working that area a while back, and even though the Feds and KDF have the same objectives, everyone is hostile to each other. I recall sticking to one area of the map with a friend of mine. We knew from the Zone chat that there were alot of Feds there, but figured it would take them a while to come to our neck of the map. Plus, we were horribly outnumbered :D So, even though we just stuck with the PvE portion of the zone, a group of Feds stumble upon us. While focused on the Borg Cube, they shoot us to pieces.

I swore up and down that from that moment on, I will return every now and then to kill hapless Feds doing that mission. PvE/PvP in that map is really a KDF skipper's dream, since the Borg will distract the prey. I have more freedom to prowl and strike at the worst possible time for them. Even better, this very environment is where the Bird of Prey's Battle Cloaking ability REALLY shines. Your PvP kills there still count towards those PvP quests (and your deaths too!).

Archived Post 03-07-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warmaker01 (Post 2322046)
That zone is a PvE AND PvP free for all zone.


Perks up ears. Wa? A free for all zone? How many can get in this area?

Archived Post 03-07-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EremiticWolf (Post 2322737)
Perks up ears. Wa? A free for all zone? How many can get in this area?

Well, maybe I should've refrained from using FFA as everyone against everyone. What I mean is that it's a PvE zone but the Feds and KDF are hostile to each other. Makes things interesting, especially for the Feds with the possibility of KDF ships skulking around while you battle the Borg. Despite this, both sides share the same mission objectives and their actions count to the same thing.

Not sure on numbers of players possible, but I've seen roughly 5 Feds, less than 10 at a time. KDF are usually smaller in numbers, if at all. The Feds seem to go for it more often but the mission is bugged.

Archived Post 03-07-2010 03:58 PM

Oh I knew you didn't mean everyone agasint everyone. Just thought it sounded interresting that I can be doing a mission and have a one or more klingon ships decloak. Think I might try it tonight. :D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:39 PM.