Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Planet Exploration Contest! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=13502)

Archived Post 01-15-2009 06:21 PM

The Planet Exploration Contest!

Part of the adventure that comes from exploring strange new worlds is discovering that planet's history and hearing the stories of its inhabitants. Imagine you have just entered orbit around the planet pictured here. Your mind races with the possibilities of what you will find. What is the planet's name? What or who lives there? Are they peaceful or antagonistic, welcoming or outright hostile? Are they long gone leaving only more mysteries to solve?

Tell us about the planet shown on the Planet Exploration contest rules page. You can tell a story of daily life of the inhabitants, make a scientific survey log entry, or weave any type of tale you choose.

Email us your story of up to 500 words at contest@crypticstudios.com by January 29, 2009.

Orbit established, Captain. What do you think is down there?

Archived Post 01-15-2009 06:23 PM

Guess that confirms the Miranda-class in-game as well then :D

Archived Post 01-15-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Padre (Post 326266)
Guess that confirms the Miranda-class in-game as well then :D

It's kind of hard to tell if it's a screenshot or rendering. If it's a screen shot, then maybe. I hope so. :)

Archived Post 01-15-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

The Winner of the First-Place Prize will receive a guaranteed beta slot in our closed beta, a special forum title on their Star Trek Online Forum Account, and their Entry will be featured on the Star Trek Online Website. There is no cash-value for this prize.
:eek:

Alright, time to put all of my years of Role Playing to work.

Let's Burn Sky until we see lines.

Archived Post 01-15-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluxion (Post 326294)
It's kind of hard to tell if it's a screenshot or rendering. If it's a screen shot, then maybe. I hope so. :)

It says "screenshot" so it's very very probable.

Archived Post 01-15-2009 06:37 PM

*Jumps up and down while cheering*

This is something I've been waiting for.

Archived Post 01-15-2009 06:39 PM

Confirms it for me, whether it's screenie or not. I mean, who didn't expect it anyways?

I might seriously get to work on this though. Just looking at that planet makes ideas pop into my head. Assuming I can find the time in between all my classes lately. Knew I shouldn't have registered for the most intensive freshman course on campus :rolleyes:

Archived Post 01-15-2009 06:46 PM

OK, let's start thinking...

Archived Post 01-15-2009 06:58 PM

Wow the First place Prize is amazing! *gets out artistic pen* This spot shall be mine!

Archived Post 01-15-2009 07:00 PM

Great to see planet exploration is being given serious consideration.

Too bad I've got websense blocking the game screenshot...I'll have to wait until Saturday to see it :(