Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Hey! You just sectored my space buddy! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=135251)

Archived Post 03-08-2010 10:24 AM

Hey! You just sectored my space buddy!

If you could change one thing about current Sector Space what would it be?

__________________________________________________ ____

I would get rid of the Floor grid and blue lines! It currently looks like geometry wars had a baby with my high school math class.

What do you think needs changing?

Archived Post 03-08-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popkornn
If you could change one thing about current Sector Space what would it be?

__________________________________________________ ____

I would get rid of the Floor grid and blue lines! It currently looks like geometry wars had a baby with my high school math class.

What do you think needs changing?

same thing, make the grid and lines/paths optional to see. It interferes with my crack routine.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 10:27 AM

Sector space should be thrown out entirely.

Travel between systems and sectors should all be done from the bridge.

You beam to your bridge, set your destination, and "Engage!" The viewscreen shows a starfield moving at warp, and you are now free to move about the ship. Travel time remains the same.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 10:32 AM

We should navigate sector space from the bridge.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 10:40 AM

Sector Space should be seamless and ten times larger (then speed up ships to keep travel time the same). This would make the galaxy actually feel large.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 10:42 AM

Lose the grid other than maybe lines showing sector boundaries.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bound2drift (Post 2328383)
We should navigate sector space from the bridge.

^THIS^

Short of that, though... getting rid of the lines, the "lollipop sticks" and the names would be a good start.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkjedi (Post 2328445)
Sector Space should be seamless and ten times larger (then speed up ships to keep travel time the same). This would make the galaxy actually feel large.

Actually, increasing the size, then keeping travel times the same, would make the galaxy feel the exact same size. In essence, all you're doing is making your ship smaller.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
Sector space should be thrown out entirely.

Travel between systems and sectors should all be done from the bridge.

You beam to your bridge, set your destination, and "Engage!" The viewscreen shows a starfield moving at warp, and you are now free to move about the ship. Travel time remains the same.

This^

Add more interior content, possibly allowing custom settings like a CoX base does.

Change the Replicator so it's an interactive object instead of just a button.

Change the Bank to the Cargo Bay, and make it accessible from the ship instead of from the Starbase.

Then people will have stuff to do inside their ships.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 10:49 AM

1.Make travel faster, it would be more exciting to have more of a rollercoaster ride effect rather than the slow drift we get.
2.Allow me to travel on my bridge with an image of sector space fling by my viewscreen that tilts as I turn.
3.Access to comms, outfit, etc from bridge while travelling.
4.An option for random mobs that the first ship to make contact has a choice to 'tackle them myself'(solo instance) or 'call for help'(open instance that spawns to number of combatents). If call for help is used everyone in a certain area is sent a 'do you want to join Cpt. X in fighting off the klingon attack' message.
5.Remove the grid and make the planetary and aestoriod images more real rather then the glowing ethereal style they appear in now.
6.Trade ships should give the same price as starbases and possibly more for certain types of item. ie you may randomly run into a cargo ship that requires consoles or commodities say and will pay you more than usual for those say 75% rather than the usual 50% of value, just to add some random bonuses for taking the time to fly to find a certain type of freighter.