Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Klingons-Why are you renewing your sub? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=135536)

Archived Post 03-08-2010 09:14 PM

Klingons-Why are you renewing your sub?

Seriously, i'm not taking a sarcastic approach to this.

I seriously want to know, what is it about the Klingon faction that has persuaded you to renew your sub?

Is it the PvP? the PvE? Simply the aesthetic of Klingon culture? the 45-day patch? or will you just be re-rolling as a Fed?

And i'd like to hear from each and every one of you!

Archived Post 03-08-2010 09:24 PM

Good PvP matches are enjoyable. Such a shame that only the top 10% of Starfleet players know what they're doing.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 09:28 PM

Lifer no choice lol.

Working over on Tribble and a bit closer with the devs I think the game will come around.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 09:28 PM

With the promis of a lot of big changes, improvements and new content over the next month, I will keep it going for another month and see what happens. But unless they do something to make the Klingon faction really engaging by the end of the month, and really give us some quality gameplay, I highly doubt I will stick around come April.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 09:49 PM

I was a 6 month subber :rolleyes:

This fabled 45 Day Update better be the equivalent for the 2nd Coming, mostly for the KDF since this faction essentially has nothing. I like to PvP, but D*MN... there is only so much pure PvP I can take, especially on the same handful of maps with no variation whatsoever.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 09:55 PM

I play boths sides a lot

Right now its fun for me and.. when it stops being fun I will be gone

I enjoy the story line on the fed side and even the memory alpha stuff and I enjoy the PVP (admitedly at the moment more on the klingon because routinely loosing gets old fast.. but I keep at it and sometimes I find very good teams to play with ^^).

Its not an insane grindy game its fast to level up and I can butt heads with klinks of feds all I want without spending a year gearing up to get there. This part I like and eventually I am hoping others will as well.

So for now I am staying. I was going to leave but having recently found a fun guild I decided to stay.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyJones (Post 2332616)
Good PvP matches are enjoyable. Such a shame that only the top 10% of Starfleet players know what they're doing.

^ This.

I still enjoy PvP and we revitalized our enjoyment of ground PvP by using nothing but melee.

Today we had a 40-0 game with 4 of us versus 5 Feds. Our only weapons were bat'leths and fists. So we still totally crushed them but it was a lot more fun doing it (smashing them flat over and over with guns isn't much fun).

Test server looks like it might have some interesting changes and some new content so we'll see how that goes.

I predicted this game would be a 2-monther (for me) but it's conceivable it could be a 3-monther.

Really, I enjoy the PvP mechanics, it just needs more content.

And dear Kahless, it needs the Feds to stop sucking. I know there must be good Fed groups out there but I never see them. We have seriously not lost a ground battle in over 3 weeks and we play numerous matches every night.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 10:14 PM

I'm not.

At least until the following conditions are met:

1) Joined Trill KDF faction as promised in the box I bought. This gets them the month it will take to max out one toon.

2) Uncapping skill points. This earns them a lifetime sub from me and many others.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 10:20 PM

Uncapping skill points is going to entertain you for all of about 1 week.

Then you'll be maxed again, except now it's worse because your character has exactly the same skills as everyone else.

I don't buy the "capped skill points made me quit" argument. Doesn't make any sense. It just made you quit a week or two earlier than you otherwise would have.

Archived Post 03-08-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slamz
Uncapping skill points is going to entertain you for all of about 1 week.

Then you'll be maxed again, except now it's worse because your character has exactly the same skills as everyone else.

I don't buy the "capped skill points made me quit" argument. Doesn't make any sense. It just made you quit a week or two earlier than you otherwise would have.

Not if you no longer award Skill Point bonuses from missions and only from ship kills at BG10 And RA 10...

Grindy? You bet.

And as coming updates illustrate they are not incapable of adding more skills to the game over time.