Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Preorder Rifles and Infected (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=136611)

Archived Post 03-11-2010 07:50 AM

Preorder Rifles and Infected

Ohoho, so it appears that this rifle isn't so useless in pve as everyone thought it was! If you're having problems (or think you will have problems) deactivating the shield around the Borg Generator in the last bosses room and the group are too slow, bring someone along with a preorder rifle. As long as they type /target Borg Generator, the rifle has the ability to shoot through the force field thingy, thus saving the group much effort and potential pain/irritation.

It may take about 10 shots to down the generator, but the boss will still come out once it's down, regardless of the state of the other shield generator things in the four corners of the room. :D

I have seen many, many people complaining about the last room, so, yeah, if you have someone with the TR-116 Carbine Phaser Rifle in your group, or know someone with it who's RA 5, bring 'em along and watch the fireworks. This episode will never be frustrating for you again!

Archived Post 03-11-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyPwns (Post 2346299)
Ohoho, so it appears that this rifle isn't so useless in pve as everyone thought it was! If you're having problems (or think you will have problems) deactivating the shield around the Borg Generator in the last bosses room and the group are too slow, bring someone along with a preorder rifle. As long as they type /target Borg Generator, the rifle has the ability to shoot through the force field thingy, thus saving the group much effort and potential pain/irritation.

It may take about 10 shots to down the generator, but the boss will still come out once it's down, regardless of the state of the other shield generator things in the four corners of the room. :D

I have seen many, many people complaining about the last room, so, yeah, if you have someone with the TR-116 Carbine Phaser Rifle in your group, or know someone with it who's RA 5, bring 'em along and watch the fireworks. This episode will never be frustrating for you again!

HAHA, thats an awesome bug. Given the state of infected I hope they don't fix that for you. I don't know anyone with that rifle, but I think it's great that someone found some consistant way to bug the final room. I have no problem with difficult STF's but when they are as buggy and incompetantly designed as this one....I say good for you. Designers should be forced to play their own game before it can be released.

Archived Post 03-11-2010 10:27 AM

Aye... I have this rifle, and without it, this STF is a real pain. :p

Archived Post 03-11-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyPwns (Post 2346299)
...As long as they type /target Borg Generator, the rifle has the ability to shoot through the force field thingy...

{...}

It may take about 10 shots to down the generator, but the boss will still come out once it's down, regardless of the state of the other shield generator things in the four corners of the room...

Sounds like an exploit/bug to me and I would not be surprised if it were changed in future updates.

Archived Post 03-11-2010 12:59 PM

It's not, the rifle is meant to be able to shoot through objects without a direct line of sight. Though, if they made the generator untargetable until the shield was down, it would be reasonable.

Archived Post 03-11-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyPwns (Post 2347730)
It's not, the rifle is meant to be able to shoot through objects without a direct line of sight. Though, if they made the generator untargetable until the shield was down, it would be reasonable.

Ahh! And yes, if I were the Devs, I'd change the script so the generator would be untargetable until the shield was down. I guess that was an oversight. ;)

Archived Post 03-11-2010 06:29 PM

Just confirmed that the pre order rifle works through the shield

Archived Post 03-11-2010 06:47 PM

Thank you for bringing this to my attention Bobkyou, much appreciated.

We have already alerted DEV staff and QA will be providing further investigation as well.

Archived Post 03-11-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falkoren

We have already alerted DEV staff and QA will be providing further investigation as well.

aka nurffed lol

Archived Post 03-11-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falkoren

Err, thanks RoyPwns for letting me know about this bug so I could pm it to Falkoren lol.