Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   A note about weapon hardpoints: WEAPONS DO NOT FIRE OUT OF NACELLES (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=137069)

Archived Post 03-12-2010 07:24 AM

A note about weapon hardpoints: WEAPONS DO NOT FIRE OUT OF NACELLES

Please get rid of that thing that makes weapons originate from bussard collectors and nacelles in general, unless its a visible add-on like with the zephyr nacelles.

I'm sick of seeing dual beams originate from the nacelles of my prometheus.

What is up with you people?

And why do dual beams originate from like the sides of the hull on saucers? Theres no reason to.

Archived Post 03-12-2010 07:50 AM

Somehow i agree to this. No series, no canon has show phaser fire coming from the nacelles or bussard collectors.

Archived Post 03-12-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devoras_Serenitus (Post 2352633)
Somehow i agree to this. No series, no canon has show phaser fire coming from the nacelles or bussard collectors.

The closest was the defiant and voyager, bit in each case, the phaser cannons/strips were mounted outside the nacelle itself, only on support struts, not the actual nacelles

Archived Post 03-12-2010 03:47 PM

Is everyone forgetting the nacelle phasers in BOBW?

Archived Post 03-12-2010 04:58 PM

This is important compared to having no appreciable Klingon content?

Y'all realize the Klingon faction is in a death spiral, right?

Archived Post 03-12-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrisJ (Post 2355571)
Is everyone forgetting the nacelle phasers in BOBW?

They're not nacelle phasers, they're on the pylons beneath the nacelles, the large phaser arrays. We're talking about ones firiing straight out of the bussard collectors or the warp grills.

Archived Post 03-12-2010 10:07 PM

I may be wrong but dont Torpedoes sometimes fire out of the saucer of the Constitiution and Galaxy?

Oh and on the subject o the defiant....its not even supposed to be abel to fire a beam, its circuits would overload or something, thats why it had burst fire in the show.

Archived Post 03-12-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelspawn18 (Post 2357553)
I may be wrong but dont Torpedoes sometimes fire out of the saucer of the Constitiution and Galaxy?

COnstitution classics fire torpedoes from the saucer. Galaxy saucers have an "emergency launcher" above their shuttlebay that faces aft

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelspawn18 (Post 2357553)
Oh and on the subject o the defiant....its not even supposed to be abel to fire a beam, its circuits would overload or something, thats why it had burst fire in the show.

The defiant has beam phasers on it's dorsal and ventral, it used them many times in the mirror universe and during the final battle of the dominon war, dont know where you got that overloading circuits thing from

Archived Post 03-13-2010 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by count23 (Post 2357785)
COnstitution classics fire torpedoes from the saucer. Galaxy saucers have an "emergency launcher" above their shuttlebay that faces aft

The defiant has beam phasers on it's dorsal and ventral, it used them many times in the mirror universe and during the final battle of the dominon war, dont know where you got that overloading circuits thing from

from that one episode where they modify the deflector to fire particle burst akin to phaser in order to rid themselves of that one jem hadar fighter that has pwned them hard. But using that trick overloaded a lot of things.

Archived Post 03-13-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claydermunch (Post 2358117)
from that one episode where they modify the deflector to fire particle burst akin to phaser in order to rid themselves of that one jem hadar fighter that has pwned them hard. But using that trick overloaded a lot of things.

Because it was a deflector and not a phaser.;)