Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (
-   -   How do you get HIGH YIELD II or III ??? (

Archived Post 03-13-2010 03:39 PM

How do you get HIGH YIELD II or III ???
I've been looking all over for bridge officers with HIGH YIELD II or HIGH YIELD III but can't find any - even have looked in the exchange. Where do you find them??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Archived Post 03-13-2010 03:44 PM

HY 2 is available from the Skill Trainer who is on the other side of the wall from the BO vendor (that is, if you're a Fed)

HY 3 requires you to be a Tac officer, and train Torpedo 9, then you teach the Tac BO yourself.

Archived Post 03-16-2010 09:12 AM

Hey, thanks for the response - I was able to get the high yield II training. Just out of curiosity, is there anyway to use rapid fire and high yield II on the same ship console area. Because for some reason it won't let me use a BO with high yield II and a BO with rapid fire..says can't use that level or something. Am I doing something wrong???

Archived Post 03-16-2010 09:35 AM

You are limited by the rank of the console, one officer per console, if he is a commander but your console is for an ensign then he can only use his ensign skill, if it,s leiutenant he can use his first 2 skills.

Archived Post 03-17-2010 08:35 AM

"Console" isn't a good word, because that refers to the upgrade thingies you fit.

Seat, station, chair, something like that... would be more fitting.

Basically, each ship has a very forceful chain of command. It has room for X number of Tac BOs, X Eng, and X Sci. But each of those officers is limited to a certain rank.

So as stated, if you assign a Cmdr BO to an Ensign station, they will only be able to use their Ensign skill. They can still use Cmdr skills on away missions though.

So for you to have HY 2 and RF 2, you need an Escort with sufficient Tac stations to allow for both BOs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:39 PM.