Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Infected: Class/Kit doesnt matter, player skill does (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=138477)

Archived Post 03-15-2010 02:50 AM

Infected: Class/Kit doesnt matter, player skill does

Just wanted to tell you a secret:

It doesnt really matter that much if you have 5 eng / 5 sci / 5 tac in group or mix of them, and what kits they wear. It can help to have balanced group with best kits to finish Infected faster, but its not vital at all. Crucial is to have group made of players who know what to do, can do jumping without falling down to plasma all time, can pull borg groups one at a time after destroying node etc. The problem of most groups not able to complete Infected isnt wrong specs, but complete noobness. Thank you for listening.

You can discuss this if you want... and have time.

Archived Post 03-15-2010 03:09 AM

I just hit RA5, and honestly I suspected as much. I for one am not going to do it without being in vent without someone who knows what they are doing and following every command.

Archived Post 03-15-2010 03:25 AM

While that is true to a certain extent if you have a professional attitude towards the mission and you wish to complete it as quickly as possable with no deaths/respawns and certainly not a team wipe a good mixed team that is well kited, fitted and with plenty of personal healing and shield buffs is required.

5 of any class can get through it without dying or they can get through it fast if they do not care about dying but for speed and effectivness a balanced team is better.

The game is way too forgiving towards skilless and crappy game play and as such breeds bad habits in the player base.

Archived Post 03-15-2010 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kor_Dahar_Master (Post 2369016)
While that is true to a certain extent if you have a professional attitude towards the mission and you wish to complete it as quickly as possable with no deaths/respawns and certainly not a team wipe a good mixed team that is well kited, fitted and with plenty of personal healing and shield buffs is required.

5 of any class can get through it without dying or they can get through it fast if they do not care about dying but for speed and effectivness a balanced team is better.

The game is way too forgiving towards skilless and crappy game play and as such breeds bad habits in the player base.

I can see why you mihgt be right. I haven't tried it yet so I cannot be sure but I'm going to try and be as prepared as I can be. I suspect that it's not that Infected is impossibly difficult, but that the game has been pretty easy up until that point, so players are shocked they actually have to THINK and TRY for once :p

Archived Post 03-15-2010 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excorant (Post 2368894)
Just wanted to tell you a secret:

It doesnt really matter that much if you have 5 eng / 5 sci / 5 tac in group or mix of them, and what kits they wear. It can help to have balanced group with best kits to finish Infected faster, but its not vital at all. Crucial is to have group made of players who know what to do, can do jumping without falling down to plasma all time, can pull borg groups one at a time after destroying node etc. The problem of most groups not able to complete Infected isnt wrong specs, but complete noobness. Thank you for listening.

You can discuss this if you want... and have time.

It's true. You don't even need 5 players.

The Cure, now that's different... ;)