Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Moral Seems Lacking in the Empire. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=139245)

Archived Post 03-16-2010 01:34 PM

Moral Seems Lacking in the Empire.

Warriors of Qo'noS! Klingons do not feel fear in their hearts! They do not fear death! They do not weep!!
Remember the glory of the Empire! With every transmitting of Imperial Propaganda more worlds hear our words! More world fall beneath the flag of the Empire!
Have patients, strike when the iron is hot! Let the Federation dogs lye in their beds for now, in the end, the day will be ours!
Sing the War Songs of your fathers!

Archived Post 03-16-2010 02:15 PM

Iron? Um, it's like the 23rd century, man.
We haven't used iron in a thousand years. Welcome to the milenium :)

Archived Post 03-16-2010 02:36 PM

Why do you want to possess more patients? Are you a Klingon Doctor? Do you get paid more for each rostered patient in your care? Do Klingons have socialized medicine?

Contrary to what Klingons may think about humans, we do not use lye in our beds, it is a desiccant.

I do agree moral fiber is lacking in the Empire these days.

Archived Post 03-16-2010 02:38 PM

Have you checked what's in the big update?

Feds get 3 new playable species, Klingons get none, not even our promised Joined Trill.

Feds get off-duty clothes, like they don't already have 6 times the clothing options of Klingon faction. Klingons get nothing.

Okay, we got a new T2 cruiser, one that should've been in a launch, but we did get it. Feds get new variants on their ships, again like they didn't already have 5-6 times as many as Klingons.

Feds get a new PvE Fleet Action at DS9, Klingons get to play in two retreaded Fed missions and a new one shared by both sides.

Klingons get some hand-me-down Fed exploration PvE.

Do you see which faction is getting the lion's share of tender loving care?

And Cryptic is now working on a 3rd faction. Time will tell if it is a real faction or another monster faction, but it means more competition for limited resources and therefore less resourcers available to complete Klingons.

Archived Post 03-16-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STObee
Have you checked what's in the big update?

Feds get 3 new playable species, Klingons get none, not even our promised Joined Trill.

Feds get off-duty clothes, like they don't already have 6 times the clothing options of Klingon faction. Klingons get nothing.

Okay, we got a new T2 cruiser, one that should've been in a launch, but we did get it. Feds get new variants on their ships, again like they didn't already have 5-6 times as many as Klingons.

Feds get a new PvE Fleet Action at DS9, Klingons get to play in two retreaded Fed missions and a new one shared by both sides.

Klingons get some hand-me-down Fed exploration PvE.

Do you see which faction is getting the lion's share of tender loving care?

And Cryptic is now working on a 3rd faction. Time will tell if it is a real faction or another monster faction, but it means more competition for limited resources and therefore less resourcers available to complete Klingons.

Are you done repeating the same talking points you have made all day? Or are you going to act like a Klingon and seize this opportunity to work with the crafters of this universe and build a mighty Empire?

Scream like a warrior! Do not weep like a pathetic child! FOR KAH'LESS!

Archived Post 03-16-2010 03:32 PM

Long live the Empire! Seriously though we need more stuff to do... I could be on the game leveling but I'm sick of PvPing so I'm here posting. :o

Archived Post 03-16-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceFork

Actually thats what STObee is doing, he is fighting for his faction on the forums, which is where our voices need to count. If he stops posting the truth, then we will be further ignored than we already are.

He is serving his empire in a more worthy way than any number of pvp wins may do for us. I salute his efforts.

Oh and, i`d gladly do all that warrior nonsense if i could actually go and do some open pvp.

Archived Post 03-16-2010 05:08 PM

Yes the mongrels can sing their war chants, and sharpen their Baakonite alloy Bat'leths, but at the end of the day the PvP Que is still borked, and we're left like grumpy ole men screaming "Get of my lawn, ya crazy kidz!"

It's hard to have morals when Cryptic refuses to drop the current non-sucessful PvP model. In the last poll it was low on the list of likes, and second on dislike. We couldn't have a lack of morals if we want to.

Yet when we ask for a meaningfull persistant neutral zone, Craig jumps in with, We don't want Negh'vars over Sol..

Then the patch info get's posted, and our morale takes a hit..

Add to that now Cryptic is excited to announce the 3rd faction comming in July, the Borg! Ohhh Ahhh.. And you wonder why many in the Empire are hovering over /Quit

When the Klingon empire is treated like an important part of belonging to a second faction, perhaps our morale will improve. As to the morals.. well remember it's all consentual.

Archived Post 03-16-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceFork
Are you done repeating the same talking points you have made all day? Or are you going to act like a Klingon and seize this opportunity to work with the crafters of this universe and build a mighty Empire?

Politics is war by other means.

The pen is mightier than the bat'leth?

If Klingons went on STRIKE maybe Cryptic would get it. Continuing to play PvP only rewards Cryptic's bad behavior and ill considered decisions. So, today is a good day to play your Fed toon. Instead of "FOR KAH'LESS" our battle cry should be:

No Content, No Klingons

But I fear most are going to vote with their feet and the Klingon faction will become a hollow shell, an Empire of One. And, like the tree falling in the forest, will anyone hear when the Empire falls?

To the last Klingon: Don't forget to turn out the lights.

Archived Post 03-16-2010 08:09 PM

I'm sure all 5 of you will be missed. Especially when we are playing our balanced FvF with no 5 hour ques to get in.

Your chances for open pvp make the chances for the skill cap to be removed look highly possible. They have said from day 1 of development there will never be open pvp in this game.

Stop acting like you will never get content. you are going to get it, they have said several times now they are making it. The easy thing for them to do was make exploration content and fleet actions available first because they could do it in a matter of weeks. Additionally when i play the new content on tribble i enjoy it, Do you not know the thrill of a tribble hunt? you soon shall! It is a highly important mission to protect the empire from biological threats! Or to come to the aid of a noble Scoodian vessel under attack by rabid federation dogs! Or to thwart Federation grave robbers sifting through the remains of a klingon battlefield!

Episode content will take TIME for them to make. It took them 2 years to make fed content that lasted the player base a month, so stomping your foot and telling them you want it now is not going to make it happen any faster. they are not actively persecuting or ignoring klingons.

If you want to be constructive and productive about this, come up with ideas for episodes and story lines. the feds gave suggestions for diplomacy missions, engineering type mini missions, and first contact missions. Why not have klingon Undine hunting missions, where you need to figure out who is the undine and who isnt. Why not have more focus on the war with the romulans, if you hurry up and conquer them the fedies will not have that pesky treaty to keep them from cloaking tech. Or perhaps you find a prewarp civilization and they are prime warriors, ready to join the empire even if they dont know it yet, so you must convince them and their defense forces with the edge of a bat'leth.

But to troll fed feedback forums complaining what they are getting instead of you is not going to help, if anything it will send you the way of the I Quit threads.

So lets hear ideas!