Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Are there any real good and populated fan sites/forums (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=140524)

Archived Post 03-19-2010 05:09 AM

Are there any real good and populated fan sites/forums

Hey are there any really good fan sites that have active and populated forums? Jus looking for a place where I can go as a 'end gamer,' read and contribute my own thoughts to things etc, all while being uncensored (to a point of course).

If there is one and its a problem to link it in a reply, hit me with a PM (or just link it in a reply :-) ) thank ya kindly folks.

Archived Post 03-19-2010 05:55 AM

What, you mean like...

*looks around*

...this one? :rolleyes:

Archived Post 03-19-2010 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayfizzle
Hey are there any really good fan sites that have active and populated forums? Jus looking for a place where I can go as a 'end gamer,' read and contribute my own thoughts to things etc, all while being uncensored (to a point of course).

If there is one and its a problem to link it in a reply, hit me with a PM (or just link it in a reply :-) ) thank ya kindly folks.

sorry mate...
They don't let me leave ten forward.
something about being a threat to society and "doesn't play will with others" or something like that....

if i hear anything i'll let ya know....

Archived Post 03-19-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintHazard (Post 2397921)
What, you mean like...

*looks around*

...this one? :rolleyes:

If you think this is uncensored your insane.

Don't get me wrong, the boards here give me plenty of lulz but considering I was already warned once and it wasn't even for my constant use of profanity or for insulting anyone who was trolling, or just insulting the weak and stupid.

I'm talking about a forum basically for the game, but for people who have thicker skin, and a desire to push the envelope with what you can do (min/max) with a toon/ship.

Some dude had made a site that we were trying to use for that, and I was trying to promote it and get it going but i guess he took the site down because it's been down like two weeks now. I'd say the site name, or give an example of what I'm talking about fan site wise, but that's why I was penalized/warned to begin with.

Archived Post 03-19-2010 10:42 AM

I don't know if this qualifies, but ya may wanna try Trekspace. They have and run everything Trek related.

Archived Post 03-19-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

If you think this is uncensored your insane.

Don't get me wrong, the boards here give me plenty of lulz but considering I was already warned once and it wasn't even for my constant use of profanity or for insulting anyone who was trolling, or just insulting the weak and stupid.

I'm talking about a forum basically for the game, but for people who have thicker skin, and a desire to push the envelope with what you can do (min/max) with a toon/ship.

Some dude had made a site that we were trying to use for that, and I was trying to promote it and get it going but i guess he took the site down because it's been down like two weeks now. I'd say the site name, or give an example of what I'm talking about fan site wise, but that's why I was penalized/warned to begin with.

Oh, so you want to be able to cuss at people. And berate those you perceive to be weak and/or stupid.

Well. Then in that case no, I don't know of anywhere.

Of course, I always say, if you lack the wherewithal to come up with an eloquent and civilized way to voice your displeasure, maybe you're the one with whom you should be displeased.

Archived Post 03-19-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintHazard (Post 2399639)
Oh, so you want to be able to cuss at people. And berate those you perceive to be weak and/or stupid.

Well. Then in that case no, I don't know of anywhere.

Of course, I always say, if you lack the wherewithal to come up with an eloquent and civilized way to voice your displeasure, maybe you're the one with whom you should be displeased.

See first your assuming i meant cursing at people, I curse in every day life. A lot. Why? Because it's part of my vocabulary and quite often the curses are used as adjectives in their own right, or just to accentuate other things. As for berating those who are stupid, well not quite, but if I could I totally would berate you for being a tool and trolling, while trying to insult me.

I just want a forum where I can go, post without worrying about getting hit with a flag because I typed a curse or saw a moron post some stupidity and I called em out on it, and get good info from like minded individuals.

Ill check that site ya posted later when i'm at home Zero, thanks for teh help :-)

Anyone else who might know anything, just either post here or hit me with a PM, i'm gunna stop replying before I get the urge to say something to get me warning #2 from this fail troll.

Archived Post 03-19-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

See first your assuming i meant cursing at people, I curse in every day life. A lot. Why? Because it's part of my vocabulary and quite often the curses are used as adjectives in their own right, or just to accentuate other things. As for berating those who are stupid, well not quite, but if I could I totally would berate you for being a tool and trolling, while trying to insult me.

I just want a forum where I can go, post without worrying about getting hit with a flag because I typed a curse or saw a moron post some stupidity and I called em out on it, and get good info from like minded individuals.

Ill check that site ya posted later when i'm at home Zero, thanks for teh help :-)

Anyone else who might know anything, just either post here or hit me with a PM, i'm gunna stop replying before I get the urge to say something to get me warning #2 from this fail troll.

Oh, don't misunderstand me. :)

I'm not saying your ideas don't have merit, or even that cussing is a bad thing. Just that there are usually a multitude of ways to say a thing, and if you can only come up with a way that involves vulgarity, you may want to take a step back and try using your imagination.

You have one of those, I assume?

Of course you do, that's a silly question.

...right? :rolleyes:

Archived Post 03-19-2010 11:09 AM

all i have to add to this discussion...

frak

Archived Post 03-19-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

This gentleman replied with an intelligently composed and presented post that was not openly rude, but was questioning your intent given an earlier post of yours, and you accused HIM of being a troll and openly insult him when he did no such thing to you. There is an old Vulcan expression that goes something like, "If you cannot withstand the heat, remove yourself from the cooking area."

Live long and prosper.