Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   I finally quit my first mission - Duststorms (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=140586)

Archived Post 03-19-2010 08:49 AM

I finally quit my first mission - Duststorms

I have been stubborn up to now (lvl 10) but I finally quit a search and scan object quest on a duststorm like environment planet. I wandered around for what felt a half hour and finally gave up in the eye straining dust effect.

I admit Im not sure you if you can scan for the items you neem or not but it seems like the scan first goes for generic anomilies....and the one it pointed me at was stuck under the ground.

From now on I will immediately quit duststorm scanning maps.

Blood

Archived Post 03-19-2010 08:53 AM

In case you didn't notice, when you scan with your tricorder (press "v"), there is a blue ray of light pointing toward the next blinking. So all you have to do is press "v", follow the blue ray of light and find what you need. Rinse, repeat, mission's done (works in space too).

Archived Post 03-19-2010 09:11 AM

That is good to know, I suspected as much. But like I said, in this specific mission a non-quest anomily was stuck under ground so I couldnt get past it to get the quest item located.

Blood

Archived Post 03-19-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakrob (Post 2398960)
But like I said, in this specific mission a non-quest anomily was stuck under ground so I couldnt get past it to get the quest item located.

Yup, I reported several bugs like that, fortunately they are rather rare. As the tricorder will target the closest anomaly / blinking, the only solution to your problem would be to locate the buried anomaly, then walk away far enough to make sure your tricorder locates something else. Of course, if the blinking is too close you're doomed.

Archived Post 03-19-2010 09:33 AM

Also: The popup map shows a circle that surrounds all objectives, so the area of interest is limited. Most maps clearly show all possible points where the objectives can be. Even without that, you can systematically zig-zag to cover the relevant area.

Archived Post 03-19-2010 04:21 PM

And in case you hadn't noticed... there's usually a trail or path connecting all of the objectives. It's had to see sometimes, but it's there.

Archived Post 03-19-2010 04:27 PM

I actually have dropped this same mission and for the same reason. Yeah I know the scanning tricks. That mission is set up so that you can barely see at all. Find 3 of the 4 medical supplies, kill the MU baddies. Then you simply cannot find the last cache to scan.

The non mission anomoly is unscannable so you have to rely on stumbling across the target. Did thepath trick, gridded the circle and visually scanned as best i could..

Ultimately since it was a patrol, I just dropped it and did something else.

I bugged the anomolie deal as well. Not the first time or mission to see it in.

Just this time I was unable to get around it due to visibility.

Archived Post 03-19-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delazure (Post 2398860)
In case you didn't notice, when you scan with your tricorder (press "v"), there is a blue ray of light pointing toward the next blinking. So all you have to do is press "v", follow the blue ray of light and find what you need. Rinse, repeat, mission's done (works in space too).

And works with loot containers too. I was in a mission and using the scanner to find the next object to click on .. climbed up upon an object to find a container with loot in. Once I looted it, the scanner showed me another direction to go to. So useful, that way too.

Archived Post 03-20-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delazure (Post 2398860)

Weird...I knew it worked with finding those anomalies (mineral sample, tetryon particle, etc.), but I never knew that it worked with missions like that.

I'm gonna have to try that next time! :D Thanks for the tip! :)

Archived Post 03-20-2010 02:59 AM

un clicklable objects or artefact nodes are not halve as bad as disapearing enemy's and away teams in those moment not only do u lose the fun of taging along in the survival dance but u also cant loot so a waisted time on that mision ones u hit ra5