Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   From a Klingon with love. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=141544)

Archived Post 03-21-2010 03:56 PM

From a Klingon with love.
 
I want carriers wwhhhiiiinnnne


I want cloak whinnnnnnneeee


I want my fed klingon to have sash whinnenennees


Not to be a jerk , but if you want KLINGON things MAKE a KLINGON.....I don't ask for a super cool sci ships with targetsubsytems , I dont ask for cool looking armors like fedration have , I don't ask for better shields and more ships with differnt outloads for each class.All I DO ASK is that you try our side beacuse the things you keep adding to your want list is the things WE HAVE.

Archived Post 03-21-2010 04:31 PM

I did, and though I agree with the general message you send... I DO want more fancy outfits for my KDF character. And I kinda miss the target sub systems, or a real science ship for that matter. Don't say Klingons have no scientists, they do. And these scientists need something to fly around with, too. ^^

Archived Post 03-21-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArievDhien
I did, and though I agree with the general message you send... I DO want more fancy outfits for my KDF character. And I kinda miss the target sub systems, or a real science ship for that matter. Don't say Klingons have no scientists, they do. And these scientists need something to fly around with, too. ^^

Ok the outfitts Ill give ya , but the other things need to stay the same Feds are better at science and should stay that way.I want the sides to Stay differnt the more you make each side the same the less each faction means.

Archived Post 03-21-2010 05:31 PM

why are you even posting this? it's not an *actual* war, we are players playing a game and *supposably* meant to be having fun, are you that conceited that you have to make flame topics in the other factions forum? is that all you have in your life?

grow up please.

Archived Post 03-21-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepidox (Post 2412004)
why are you even posting this? it's not an *actual* war, we are players playing a game and *supposably* meant to be having fun, are you that conceited that you have to make flame topics in the other factions forum? is that all you have in your life?

grow up please.

Flame topics? I am asking those of you that want klingon things to join us and make a klingon , Im not tring to 'flame" anyone.I see these posts tho and I see alot of "closet" klingons.

Archived Post 03-21-2010 06:46 PM

Deleted.


PvE, so easy a Fedrat can do it.

Archived Post 03-21-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synacus (Post 2411845)
Ok the outfitts Ill give ya , but the other things need to stay the same Feds are better at science and should stay that way.I want the sides to Stay differnt the more you make each side the same the less each faction means.

I said I miss the target sub systems, not I want them for KDF. With science ship, I only mean a science ship in general - with a different focus, probably. I play sci for the sake of roleplay, engineers or tacticals don't fit that. So I just want something useful yet different from Fed to fly.
Feds are not 'better at science' by definition, they just have other priorities. That could reflect on ship types and careers, too. A Fed officer, for example, doesn't really need any other knowledge about cloaking than 'how to disable enemy cloak' and 'how to locate cloaked enemy'; KDF officers need to know how to build, repair and operate cloaking devices.

Archived Post 03-21-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepidox (Post 2412004)
why are you even posting this? it's not an *actual* war, we are players playing a game and *supposably* meant to be having fun, are you that conceited that you have to make flame topics in the other factions forum? is that all you have in your life?

grow up please.

yes, please grow up man as the OP's message is froma gamer POV not the "I wants what i want when i wants it" POV.

Archived Post 03-22-2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArievDhien
I said I miss the target sub systems, not I want them for KDF. With science ship, I only mean a science ship in general - with a different focus, probably. I play sci for the sake of roleplay, engineers or tacticals don't fit that. So I just want something useful yet different from Fed to fly.
Feds are not 'better at science' by definition, they just have other priorities. That could reflect on ship types and careers, too. A Fed officer, for example, doesn't really need any other knowledge about cloaking than 'how to disable enemy cloak' and 'how to locate cloaked enemy'; KDF officers need to know how to build, repair and operate cloaking devices.

klingons do have a ship that can serve as a science vessel. it is the BoP. The BoP is a general, multi-role vessel in the klingon empire (hence the universal BOff stations). it litterally does it all. and if u doubt the effectiveness of a sci-Bop build.... try it... try it and be surprised.

As for the OP... i agree with him. too many games try to make everything the same except which side u are on. variety is a key component of Star trek. Are klingons really the same as the federation are as the same as the romulans, or cardassion? some groups work well together others are conquered in. if the 2 main factions are the same, then this game will become a WoW clone - 2 sides, same abils and classes, not much difference in playing either side. then what will happen with a third faction if it is implemented? i would love to see romulans... (lots of possible material there waiting to be forged) make them the same as klingons? god i hope not.

As for the biggest Fed whine i hear (and i play primarily as fed) is "the defiant had a cloak, the galaxy-x refitt of the enterprise had a cloak". to them i say this:

THe original defiant w/cloaking device was destroyed when the breen entered the dominion war. nore more cloaky. further more, the galaxy-x refit of the enterprise-d was in an alternate time line, created in part by none other than 'Q' as a test of humanity's worthiness. That timeline no longer exists (proven by riker's and troi's wedding. in the galaxy-x timeline troi married worf). there is a sci ability (mask energy signature i think) that makes it harder for u to be seen. think of it a silent running. use it if u want cloaks so bad.

-- rant no over

Archived Post 03-22-2010 07:43 AM

I know I can build a sci BoP. Its probably a matter of taste, but science seems completely abandoned because its a "joker card" ship that can be sci, eng or tac - while the others also have a 'real' eng and tac ship.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:44 AM.