Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   The Bridge (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=143750)

Archived Post 03-26-2010 09:42 AM

The Bridge

I can find no better place to make a suggestion so ill do it here..

I would really love to be able to access my bank, my mail, the exchange, and of course the replicator from the bridge. At this time the bridge is good for nothing but standing there and staring at walls. I believe being able to access those few things from the bridge is a good start for making the bridge useful.

Archived Post 03-26-2010 10:00 AM

It would be nice.

Archived Post 03-26-2010 12:00 PM

It's been said, but i'll go along with it.

Archived Post 03-26-2010 12:02 PM

That would be a nice start for sure.
You would have thought with the first major patch they would
have added something to make the bridges useful since they
seemed to want to add more bridges in game.

I ask you Cryptic. What is the point of the bridge?
I can understand not doing combat from the bridge.
But why cant we at least fly in sector space from the bridge or something.
Geez.

Archived Post 03-26-2010 07:23 PM

it wouldnt make sense for those to be accessible from the bridge...all of those should be scattered around the ship interiors when they fully get fleshed out...I say they have more important things to do when it comes to bridges, a working viewscreen...scrapping sector space to replace it with a bridge view when in warp....alowing us to place our officers and have other officers around the bridge....those new bridges (the big fed ones just released on the C-store) have a TON of empty seats...the bridge feels so empty with all those darn empty seats...I say fill most of them up with some extra staff too.

Archived Post 03-26-2010 07:52 PM

Its been posted before commented on before, pleaded AND begged for, and cryptic wont turn to take a second thought about it. But I am behind this idea 100 % I would love to see the bridge becoming worth something. I like this idea especially because it would allow me to access the bank and stuff locally instead of me being forced to go to the nearest space-station.

Archived Post 03-26-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimeus_Reaper (Post 2444034)
I can find no better place to make a suggestion so ill do it here..

I would really love to be able to access my bank, my mail, the exchange, and of course the replicator from the bridge. At this time the bridge is good for nothing but standing there and staring at walls. I believe being able to access those few things from the bridge is a good start for making the bridge useful.

What is this....the 25th century? You think that they honestly have the tech to access monetary funds at long distances...you think they have food facilities that a Captain could actually use??? MAIL???

This is Star Trek....not Fantasy Trek.

;):p hehe

Archived Post 03-27-2010 03:47 PM

Don't you think it would also be nice to have a Ready Room to access from the bridge to take other Captains in to and have discussions and hang out, like what they do in the shows. Like you get the bit to walk off your bridge and it just leads to a turbolift to leave the bridge view. Quite Rubbish tbh.

Archived Post 03-27-2010 03:56 PM

That would be nice. Another thing that needs to be fixed is the fact when you enter the bridge you beam on it. Arent you already on the bridge? Why would you beam aboard something you are already on?

Archived Post 03-27-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zepheranthes
That would be nice. Another thing that needs to be fixed is the fact when you enter the bridge you beam on it. Arent you already on the bridge? Why would you beam aboard something you are already on?

Yeah I totally agree,

And another thing that is really stupid is when you go up to a turbo lift to leave the bridge and it beams you off?, would it not make more sense just to make it look asif you went in the turbo lift!