Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Infected and alone (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=146522)

Archived Post 03-31-2010 11:04 AM

Infected and alone

So I'm to the point of Infected, but I'm a lone player and it would seem that you can't do it alone. Aside from joining a team ,what am I supposed to do for fun? Is this the end of the game for me?

Archived Post 03-31-2010 11:25 AM

now now buttercup....it could be worse.....you could lose to both OSU and UT next season!

Archived Post 03-31-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahaney
So I'm to the point of Infected, but I'm a lone player and it would seem that you can't do it alone. Aside from joining a team ,what am I supposed to do for fun? Is this the end of the game for me?

Its quite simple really:

If you wanna play solo do the first 45 levels of content and all the many fleet actions.

If you wanna do the 2 team missions join a fleet or get in a pug team.

Archived Post 03-31-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffalo-6
now now buttercup....it could be worse.....you could lose to both OSU and UT next season!

Doubtful.

BTW, your response was neither desired nor required.

Archived Post 03-31-2010 12:18 PM

Low Blow!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffalo-6

Now that's just spiteful!

Archived Post 03-31-2010 12:30 PM

I am enjoying the ignore button though.

Archived Post 03-31-2010 02:41 PM

I too was bummed that it is not solo friendly, now the whole MMO argument could come up, but being an extreme casual that I am and a big fan of star trek, and the social phobe that I am, I feel I am going to miss out on alot of the new content. And its only gonna get worse down the line, ppl will be fighting Undine and new players will be stuck on infected because there is no one to team up with... :( And even if you do get into a group they usually rush through so ppl who like to soak up the story and the sights can't because we zoom past it to fast. Was the main reason I left WoW, I was missing out on so much "end game" content and/or rushing through it I felt it was no longer worth paying for to keep playing.

I don't see why they couldn't have a solo version of it and coming "end game" missions, group version would have better rewards than solo, ect, ect.

Archived Post 03-31-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trekker88 (Post 2485674)
I too was bummed that it is not solo friendly, now the whole MMO argument could come up, but being an extreme casual that I am and a big fan of star trek, and the social phobe that I am, I feel I am going to miss out on alot of the new content. And its only gonna get worse down the line, ppl will be fighting Undine and new players will be stuck on infected because there is no one to team up with... :( And even if you do get into a group they usually rush through so ppl who like to soak up the story and the sights can't because we zoom past it to fast. Was the main reason I left WoW, I was missing out on so much "end game" content and/or rushing through it I felt it was no longer worth paying for to keep playing.

I don't see why they couldn't have a solo version of it and coming "end game" missions, group version would have better rewards than solo, ect, ect.

Well if there are so many of you start a fleet so you can do the mission and sight see at the same time......

Archived Post 03-31-2010 02:59 PM

Agreed. I was very dissappointed by Infected not being solo friendly.

I got to the end of it 4 times in 4 different teams and never finished it. Johnny's mom called for dinner. Fred's wife finally yelled load enough that he logged off. One team just kept dorking around in the last room refusing to go to the corners. That went on for 3 hours and I finally quit since they didn't want to finish it.

I gave up. Logged in once since to find out I can't do Cure until done with infected and logged back out.

Game over for me... nothing to do but the same old fleet actions. Boring...

Archived Post 03-31-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kor_Dahar_Master (Post 2485733)
Well if there are so many of you start a fleet so you can do the mission and sight see at the same time......

Or join a casual fleet that shares your views. They do exist.

I understand people wanting to play solo and fleetless, masters of their own time and destinies, as it were, but the STF's are designed for group play, alot of people prefer playing as a team.