Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Thanks everyone. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=146835)

Archived Post 04-01-2010 08:03 AM

Thanks everyone.

I know I said I wouldn't make a forum post about this, and just keep everyone informed via private messaging, but that takes entirely too long.

As some of you know, my dad had a heart attack Monday morning. Pretty bad one, too- doctors were saying he was all but dead by the time they airlifted him to the hospital. He seemed to be recovering on Tuesday, but Wednesday morning, he developed severe fluid buildup on his lungs, and a rather nasty case of pneumonia. They doubted he'd make it to Thursday.

He's doing much better now, though. Apparently, he's reacting well to the medication, and the fluid buildup- as well as the pneumonia- is all but gone. They're weaning him off the blood pressure medicine, and they should take the heart pump out today or tomorrow. He's still not out of the woods, but it's looking a whole hell of a lot better now.

So hopefully that explains where I've been most of this week. He's doing much better, so I should be on more often. It'll still be sporadic until he makes it out of ICU, but I just wanted to thank everyone who has helped me out. Chat, Woe, Raven, Rwalph, Corban and Eleriel especially.

Most of my friends have been here with me and my family- hell, the old man practically raised them, too- but I've been trying to keep it together for them. Still, I needed someone to rant to, and the people listed above were there to listen. I owe you all.

I'm heading home now to hopefully get my first sleep in a real bed since Tuesday. I'll keep everyone updated, and thanks again.

Archived Post 04-01-2010 08:05 AM

Wishing him well.

Archived Post 04-01-2010 08:05 AM

What the hell? Why wasn't I told about this?

Well, all my best, the same, man. I hope he recovers.

Archived Post 04-01-2010 08:07 AM

Best wishes to you and your father, I will keep you in my thoughts.

Archived Post 04-01-2010 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintHazard (Post 2488799)
What the hell? Why wasn't I told about this?

Well, all my best, the same, man. I hope he recovers.

I guess nobody caught you. I was going to send you an email, but I haven't exactly been altogether here lately. Thanks for the concern, though- and everyone else too- and sorry for not letting ya know. I probably should've posted something on the forums.

Archived Post 04-01-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daevan
I guess nobody caught you. I was going to send you an email, but I haven't exactly been altogether here lately. Thanks for the concern, though- and everyone else too- and sorry for not letting ya know. I probably should've posted something on the forums.

Well, it's not that big a deal, I'm just glad to hear he's recovering. That's the most important thing.

Archived Post 04-01-2010 08:13 AM

Wishing you, your dad, and the rest of the family the best

Archived Post 04-01-2010 08:21 AM

All the best for your dad - and don't forget to take care of yourself.

Archived Post 04-01-2010 08:25 AM

All the best mate! Hope everything works out ok!

Archived Post 04-01-2010 08:31 AM

Went through the same a few years ago.

So all the best.