Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Graphical and Sound Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   lingering beams (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=147419)

Archived Post 04-02-2010 04:08 PM

lingering beams

I seem to have lingering beams impacting my character and members of my awayteam on several ground fights. I have studied it pretty thoroughly, and I have noticed a few things.

It does not appear to happen near as often in PvP based ground fighting.

It appears to be limited to phaser beam textures, and not other energy type weapons

It does not alway go away after a loading screen moving to another "level" or section of a ground mission, though sometimes it does.

Anyone else experience this?

Archived Post 04-02-2010 05:48 PM

I have noticed it on other weapons as well. On some missions it really impacts the framerate, especaially when you're up against the dual disruptor wielding swordmasters, and the Cardies with multibeam rifles. After 2 or 3 lives you'll have so many pulses or beams sticking out of you that it's near impossible to play. I've noticed other effects sticking to characters too. my junior tactical officer had an expose graphic stick to her for quite a while, it didn't go away after the mission completed like the beams, I had to dismiss her to get rid of it. And for a while my chief engineer had a transporter effect stuck to her, although it seemed to go away eventually.

Archived Post 04-04-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH (Post 2498020)
I my junior tactical officer had an expose graphic stick to her for quite a while, it didn't go away after the mission completed like the beams, I had to dismiss her to get rid of it. And for a while my chief engineer had a transporter effect stuck to her, although it seemed to go away eventually.

did your tac officer have the skill draw fire?... if so you dismissed your tac officer for doing as she was intended

Archived Post 04-04-2010 01:37 PM

Its a graphics bug , and its hapening more and more frequently.

Archived Post 04-04-2010 01:38 PM

I see this nearly every mission

Archived Post 04-07-2010 12:47 AM

I have the same issues as well. Multi-beams anchored to my avatars bodies and they stay the whole mission. making it hard to see where some shots are coming from. Just yesterday, any beam i fired fired back to the anchor point of the lingering beams. strangely, i could still damage the object i was aiming at. Does anyone know if this issue has been addressed?

Archived Post 04-26-2010 09:10 AM

I have the same issue...very annoying...

Archived Post 04-26-2010 09:39 AM

I've seen several posts so far for that issue... one guy suggested disabling or enabling "Hide from Costume", when you click on your armor... I haven't tried it myself, but maybe that'll fix it temporarily for you.

Archived Post 04-26-2010 07:02 PM

I bug reported this as far back as open beta.

Archived Post 04-27-2010 05:13 AM

I actually thought this was fixed; I haven't seen it happen for a long, long time.