Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Logitech G15 Keyboard (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=148013)

Archived Post 04-04-2010 02:54 PM

Logitech G15 Keyboard

Hopefully someone can give some insight to my ignorance. I have a Logitech G15 keyboard and I did some research on google and it says the keyboard has native support. To my understanding that should mean it works with STO. But for some reason I can't seem to get the G keys to work with certain keystrokes and the lcd gives no in game information. Is it something simple to get it working. I've installed the software that came with the keyboard and tried restarting the computer with the same effect. Any advise would be great.

Archived Post 04-04-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taskmageet
Hopefully someone can give some insight to my ignorance. I have a Logitech G15 keyboard and I did some research on google and it says the keyboard has native support. To my understanding that should mean it works with STO. But for some reason I can't seem to get the G keys to work with certain keystrokes and the lcd gives no in game information. Is it something simple to get it working. I've installed the software that came with the keyboard and tried restarting the computer with the same effect. Any advise would be great.

Mine works with the game fine. Make sure that first in the game panel software, you add the application (I believe it is "gameclient.exe").
Then, as the G15 is not able/allowed to automatically switch displays,hit your round button on the display to cycle between your active display options. When you're in the game, you should have a Star Trek Online one to choose (it will only show up when you are in the game, mind you).

I actually disabled all of the displays, as I don't use them except for gaming, so for me it's always on the screen saver until I jump in a game and then it becomes the only active application on the panel.

Archived Post 09-08-2011 09:41 PM

It seems that the past 2 weeks on 2 occasions now I launch the game, and halfway through it crashes, it even suggests that in options under 'Advanced Command Line' -noLCD, it then gives me an error when I go to launch the game it gives me a message saying its an unknown command, and gives me the option to dismiss or continue. It loads the game, and half way through it crashes with the '-noLCD' message.

No something I have noticed is this happens when only some of my programs load and others don't for the keyboard, Core Temp loads, but TeamSpeak dose not, the default programs that came preloaded do like RSS Reader, Countdown Timer, Clock and the performance monitor. The first time this happened, I relaunched the game launcher, and it offered to verify all files, and it worked, today I tried the '-noLCD' and it has no effect. No I'm still trying to figure a better fix, because having to verify all files when this dose happen will get old fast, so maybe others who have had this we can figure it out together.

Archived Post 02-21-2012 01:33 AM

I am having an Issue with my g15. I bought it second hand so i had to download the drivers online and i had no manual touse the keyboard properly(if there was even one). My issue is that when i select a key, one of the g1-g18 keys, and have the bind to say activate my ctrl+1 for example it activates that as well as what ever is listed at the #1 spot on my main action bar. How would i get it to not do that??

Archived Post 02-21-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leorik
I am having an Issue with my g15. I bought it second hand so i had to download the drivers online and i had no manual touse the keyboard properly(if there was even one). My issue is that when i select a key, one of the g1-g18 keys, and have the bind to say activate my ctrl+1 for example it activates that as well as what ever is listed at the #1 spot on my main action bar. How would i get it to not do that??

that is a common problem withthe g15 and STO(and champions also) my work a round was to go into the keybinds of the game remove the num 1 through num 0 from the second keybind set for the first skill row set.
I then set the second keybind set for the other two skill row to use alt+num 1 - alt+num 0 and crtl + num 1 - ctrl +num 0

I then set up my g keys to use the key strokes alt+num0 etc. that work when I use the g15 keys it no longers actives what is under the 1-0 spot.