Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Solo Missions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=148252)

Archived Post 04-05-2010 09:51 AM

Solo Missions

After reading the "Infected and Alone" thread, I am kind of puzzled as to why there won't be anymore solo content. As "Sizzlechest" pointed out: there have been 45 levels of solo content and now we are forced to do only group content from here on out. Seems kind of short-sighted.

I saw the arguement that you can go back and redo some of the solo missions and it will level appropriately. But that really isn't the point.

While I am a member of a fleet and enjoy group missions, it would be kind of nice to see some new solo content added in the future. It is rather nice to log in at 2am when you can't sleep and go on a solo mission that takes an hour or two. It helped me get back to sleep afterwards when I was still a Commander or Captain.

Here's hoping that the Cryptic folks do read these posts and add some future content that are solo missions for Admirals. I am not proposing that all missions be made solo-able. I am merely suggesting that some new solo missions would add to the experience.

IMHO, it will make for a more well-rounded game.

Archived Post 04-05-2010 11:23 AM

Who said there won't be any more solo(able) content? I haven't read that thread. Did a Dev confirm that?

Archived Post 04-05-2010 12:25 PM

I agree with Tripp.

Cryptic never said they weren't developing more solo content. The only comment Cryptic has made is that STF content will always be designed as "end game raids" (if that's what you call 5 man stuff) and is meant to be Fleet content; not solo or really even pug friendly, though you could do it with an organized pug...

In fact, I know that there is STF content on the wish list for lower ranks as well; not that I know when that content is coming. Having that content earlier on during your character development will mean that it's not this big shock that you actually have to group up once you hit the level cap.

Not that any of that helps you as a solo player, but really - this is a multi-player game right?

Archived Post 04-05-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp_Hazzard
Who said there won't be any more solo(able) content? I haven't read that thread. Did a Dev confirm that?

I don't know that I have ever seen it stated that there won't be any new solo content for Admiral Ranks, but it has definately been implied as such.

Archived Post 04-05-2010 01:10 PM

I've heard exactly the opposite. Given enough time Cryptic would like to have unending content for everyone, at every level of play. The issue is simply prioritizing the development to keep everyone happy, which is obviously impossible.

Archived Post 04-05-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legatus
I agree with Tripp.

Not that any of that helps you as a solo player, but really - this is a multi-player game right?

Yes it is a Multiplayer game. But the solo episodes were enjoyable. The team "raids" can be fun, but have started to grow tiresome over the last few weeks.

I think a mix would work better.

Why? Well consider this: there are a lot of people on this game (like me) who have never played an MMO before. This is my first. However, I have played almost every other Star Trek game to come down the pipe: Armada, Armada II, Bridge Commander, Legacy (both PC and Xbox 360), even the old Xbox game Shattered Universe. Almost all of these games were single player with some multiplayer capability. I even played the old Atari Star Trek console game in the 70's.

Like I said in my original post: I am not advocating every mission be solo-able. I only suggest that adding a few more solo games for the RA5 rank be added periodically to keep it fun. And I have seen nothing in their calendar to suggest such content is coming. Quite the contrary.

Archived Post 04-05-2010 01:37 PM

Quick search here's two points:

In Development:
•Episode Replay (May)
•Season Two Update – (July)

Episode replay won't be technically new contnet, it's old content you can do again (as RA5).
Season two; •We will be adding more sectors in Season Two (TBD where)

So there's new sectors coming, which has always been solo content so far right; e.g. Beta Ursae was new RA5 solo content other than the STF mission(s).

So there is stuff in the pipe...

Archived Post 04-05-2010 02:16 PM

Then maybe I will create a new character and start over as so many others seem to have done. Hopefully, there will be more content by the time my new character levels up.

Here's hoping you are correct. I have 2 months left on my current sub. I am still trying to decide whether to stay or go...

Archived Post 04-05-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 800lbGorilla
I don't know that I have ever seen it stated that there won't be any new solo content for Admiral Ranks, but it has definately been implied as such.

Again, where? I can't claim to read every post, but I haven't seen anything that even implies this.

They have clearly stated that the skill cap will be raised at some point. That seems to be a bad idea if they don't include regular content to go with it.

Right now, I hope they are more focused on PvE content for Klingons than for Feds. But I doubt very strongly that there won't be more regular content at all levels, for all sides, eventually.

Now, if what you felt implied it actually said something like no immediate plans for more Admiral level content, that would be a completely different box of eels.

Archived Post 04-05-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp_Hazzard
Again, where? I can't claim to read every post, but I haven't seen anything that even implies this.

They have clearly stated that the skill cap will be raised at some point. That seems to be a bad idea if they don't include regular content to go with it.

Right now, I hope they are more focused on PvE content for Klingons than for Feds. But I doubt very strongly that there won't be more regular content at all levels, for all sides, eventually.

Now, if what you felt implied it actually said something like no immediate plans for more Admiral level content, that would be a completely different box of eels.

To me it is implied by complete silence. As for those patch notes, all of that new content could well be klingon leveling missions. If that is the case, it is completely needed, but not really what he is talking about here. I could be wrong here, but I have to see a post from cryptic talking about this. They must know people are concerned with it, yet they have made no effort to post anything to reassure anyone.