Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Feedback Pulse (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=148342)

Archived Post 04-05-2010 03:55 PM

Feedback Pulse
 
Just a quick question on FBP: On our skills list it says starship deflectors aid in FBP, but if you check the actual FBP skill, it says it uses deflector field. Which one is correct?

Archived Post 04-05-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banquor
Just a quick question on FBP: On our skills list it says starship deflectors aid in FBP, but if you check the actual FBP skill, it says it uses deflector field. Which one is correct?

It uses the deflector field system, so you can't use another deflector field power when FBP is active. On the other hand, more points in deflectors will affect it's performance. One has to do with when it can be used, the other how it works.

For example, Polarize Hull and Hazard Emitters, you can''t use both at the same time because they both run on the hazard systems. You have to wait for the cooldown.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Archived Post 04-05-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krisman (Post 2514198)
It uses the deflector field system, so you can't use another deflector field power when FBP is active. On the other hand, more points in deflectors will affect it's performance. One has to do with when it can be used, the other how it works.

For example, Polarize Hull and Hazard Emitters, you can''t use both at the same time because they both run on the hazard systems. You have to wait for the cooldown.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You can, however you just have to wait for the 10 second cooldown to finish. (Though some powers, like SciTeam, benefit from points in Deflector Field and don't have the cooldown).

Archived Post 04-06-2010 10:06 AM

Sorry, I guess I was unclear. Let me rephrase:
Why would I put points into starship deflectors skill (says it helps FBP), when the actual bridge office power says that it uses deflector fields.

Now, maybe I'm just confused on the differences between deflector dish, starship deflectors, and deflector fields.

Archived Post 04-06-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banquor
Now, maybe I'm just confused on the differences between deflector dish, starship deflectors, and deflector fields.

Fields and Dish are subtypes of Deflector. They are more specific and therefore offer larger bonuses to abilities, but cover fewer abilities.

The "skills" hierarchy for the two are:
Starship Operations > Starship Deflectors > Deflector Dish
Starship Operations > Starship Deflectors > Deflector Field

For comparison, Hazard Emitters and Polarize Hull would both be:
Starship Operations > Starship Emitters > Hazard System

Archived Post 04-07-2010 07:50 AM

Thank you for the clarification!!

Archived Post 04-20-2010 01:26 AM

So, what would be better, knowing Feedback pulse is a Def Feild? If you could get a dish, a 22 in deflector or a 10 in deflector field. I know feild is a pefect match but would the deflector be as good or better having 12 more points vs the sub. I hope that made since?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:47 PM.