Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   The Cure in 49 mins and 1 second. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=148369)

Archived Post 04-05-2010 04:52 PM

The Cure in 49 mins and 1 second.

Gratz to:

Zombie@Dswrd
Cinder@Terok-Nor
Freya@ Freyawulf
Bob@Bobkyou

Oh yea and of course ME (on my tactical dude)...Achilles@Kor_Dahar_Master

WITH:

1. No avoiding or skipping of patrols.

2. No exploiting of mechanics or the timer.

3. Obviously no wipes.

4. I think 3 ppl needed revives in total through the whole run....:rolleyes:

5. No player respawning.

Just a pure run from start to finish.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9...01seccureg.jpg

Please feel free to help inflate my ego and stroke mY epeen by posting gratz.:D

PS::p

Archived Post 04-05-2010 04:56 PM

Before we get a bunch of people telling us not to post, would just like to say the following

1. We're bored and it gives us something to do

2. This shows that the cure is too easy

Archived Post 04-05-2010 05:54 PM

Holy cow! That's quite a remarkable achievement. Congratulations!

Archived Post 04-05-2010 07:00 PM

I cant even get 4 people to play STF missions from start to finish :)

Archived Post 04-05-2010 07:10 PM

Yea i have noticed that the thing is people need to not get soo frusterated they quit and dont try again. we didnt complete it the first time in 49 mins hehe.. you know we post these to boost egos and such but we hope this will show everyone they are not impossible. try the strat Kor posted we used it for the 49 min run theres no need to wipe or zerg it. just practice makes perfect.. it helps if you can get the same squad to do it with you get used to each others play styles and gain confidence in their abilities..

Archived Post 04-05-2010 07:28 PM

Congrats.

I just did it in a pug (2xtac, 2xeng, 1xsci), 3 of us had never been there before including me, but we did have a guy who knew what was what and the rest of us listened to him. We did have a few wipes. It took us 2 attempts on each set of terminals until we got it - and I think it took us about 2 hours. But a lot of fun was had by all :)

Archived Post 04-05-2010 07:34 PM

Doing The Cure with a bunch of unexperienced PUG players who have bad gear and no clue what to do ... that's a real challennge you can't do in 50 mins.

Archived Post 04-05-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druuna
Doing The Cure with a bunch of unexperienced PUG players who have bad gear and no clue what to do ... that's a real challennge you can't do in 50 mins.

the gear is important it doesnt have to be purple it can be mk 9 greens you just have to have the right type of equiptment.. i suggest dual split beams energy dampening armor. personal knockback shield and a mk 9 blue kit which u can buy in gonalda on a klingon and mail to yourself while your there get a bat'leth they help alot when keeping the workers off the nodes

Edit: before alot of you say I dont like energy dampening armor.. realize this . 95% of the damage the borg deal to you is energy. plasma to be specific. if you can get some with an added plasma resist even better.. but I keep extra armor and kits in my inventory.. you should too =)

Archived Post 04-05-2010 08:41 PM

Insanely quick time. But awesome at the same time.

I wonder if anyone will be able to beat that time... I think you set the gauntlet time to beat. And hopefully not a call to make the Cure harder. :p

Archived Post 04-05-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobkyou
Before we get a bunch of people telling us not to post, would just like to say the following

1. We're bored and it gives us something to do

2. This shows that the cure is too easy

Yeah, it really needs to be buffed big time, its not like the rest of the players cant even finish infected most of the time, we need less people to actually do the STFs for sure.