Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Crystalline Entity: Please Fix! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=148833)

Archived Post 04-07-2010 10:09 AM

Crystalline Entity: Please Fix!

The Crystalline Entity is suffering from a serious design flaw. Every other Fleet action I've seen people can figure out and win. With the CE, it's impossible to get a group large enough to win to work together. Everyone is so single minded in their desire to do what THEY want to do and flat out refuse to stop shooting shards. It really take away from the experience when there is such a poorly designed roadblock like this in the way.

Devs, please redesign or delete this waste of time mission.

Archived Post 04-07-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairforce1 (Post 2521731)
The Crystalline Entity is suffering from a serious design flaw. Every other Fleet action I've seen people can figure out and win. With the CE, it's impossible to get a group large enough to win to work together. Everyone is so single minded in their desire to do what THEY want to do and flat out refuse to stop shooting shards. It really take away from the experience when there is such a poorly designed roadblock like this in the way.

I have to point out that you're basically asking them to redesign the mission because, in your mind, players are incapable of doing the encounter correctly - when in reality it actually sounds like you have the wrong ideas about how this encounter actually works.

Here is a link you may find helpful:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=148543

The developer may redesign this encounter one day, but I highly doubt it's ever going to happen based on feedback which is built upon a flawed foundation to begin with.

Archived Post 04-07-2010 12:34 PM

In my opinion, they should strongly consider tweaking the mission's design because in its current state it's kind of boring.

Archived Post 04-07-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairforce1 (Post 2521731)

You mean the others require no teamwork or organisation what so ever?.

Ask for the instance design to allow pre-organised teams to open one for themselves only, but dont nerf everthing that requires a bit of team work.

Archived Post 04-07-2010 01:39 PM

Leave it alone! Leave it alone you animals!
It just wants to be loved! Why can't you just leave it in peaaaaaace?!

/joke rant

Really though, the only reworking it needs is to drop a blue MK X item instead of a blue MKIX one. That way it will be worth my time to farm it again. :D

Archived Post 04-07-2010 01:40 PM

I'm not very fond of the Crystaline entity either. At level 45 and several hours clocked trying to beat it - sometimes intelligently with others and failing - I've pretty much given up on succeeding it.

Therefore, yes, I do think it deserves being looked at. It's a fleet action, not an STF.

Archived Post 04-07-2010 01:52 PM

It's a FLEET action, take your fleet into it and go in organized. At 45, I'm amazed you can't kill it with very little effort. Perhaps you should read the myriad of guides that tell you exactly what to do (or just bring a science ship with scramble sensors and skip to the 'collect loot' stage...).

Archived Post 04-07-2010 07:32 PM

CE

I tend to agree with the majority here guys. I have been to CE several times only to be discouraged at the fact that this thing seems to be non-destructible. I have gone in with several different fleets and the same results come time and time again. CE tends to regen faster than taking damage. I finally quit fooling with CE all together

Archived Post 04-07-2010 07:50 PM

Most of the problem I have with CE are the griefers. If a ship is hit 3 times by crystals it should be kicked from the instance and put on a 1 hour re-entry timer.Get rid of those idiots and it's pretty simple.

Archived Post 04-07-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tMarau (Post 2525013)
I tend to agree with the majority here guys. I have been to CE several times only to be discouraged at the fact that this thing seems to be non-destructible. I have gone in with several different fleets and the same results come time and time again. CE tends to regen faster than taking damage. I finally quit fooling with CE all together

His natural regeneration rate is about 3% health every 30 seconds. If your group can't strip away more than 3% of his health in 30 seconds then you're pretty much stuck. From my experience, it takes about 10-12 players in the group who are focusing mostly on the Entity for that to happen.

If you're having problems getting past the 33% mark (where phase 3 begins) that's because someone (or several someones) on your team is screwing up.