||04-13-2010 03:56 AM
Release Notes - April 13, 2010
- Borg ships resist confuse, hold, and subsystem damage. The higher the tier of the ship, the higher the resistance.
- The Cure miniboss now drops unique purple kits.
- STF - Khitomer Accord is now available for play
- Fleets - You are now prompted for confirmation when kicking someone from a Fleet.
- Fleets - Now display line breaks in the Fleet Information area.
- Fleets - Added more description in bank tab permissions screen.
- Fleets - Addressed an issue where When first logging in to a transfered character who was in a Fleet, the player would receive an untranslated message about their Fleet.
- Fleets - Moved some Fleet messages out of System channel and into the Fleet channel.
- Fixed a camera issue where it would appear inside the ship when zoomed in all the way
- When a Klingon Carrier Warps into system space the camera no longer pans through the ship's geo.
- Added confirmation text when deleting mail with items attached.
- Players should no longer recieve mail items from other Cryptic Games.
- Fixed a pvp exploit where players are spawning into a map while dead to avoid being assigned to a pvp faction.
- The issue with lag on the ipvp borg hunt map has been resolved.
- Modified Orbital Strike FX so they won't get blocked when playing in environments with short ceilings.
- Adjusted Warp in FX a bit
Missions and Environment
- Updated Tribble of Borg audio
- Ambient audio for various maps has been updated/improved.
- Some enemy powers sounds that were too low in volume have been turned up.
- Cerin Teresa's Pah Wraith powers have been sonified.
- Fixed some audio tech to allow more FX audio to be play at once.
- Renamed and reworded all mission text for Federation player PvP missions to include new Federation versus Federation PvP game types
- Created 2 different looking sides for KvK PvP Assault map. Now there is red and blue side.
- Beaming Assault teams down to enemy installations updates the scoreboard properly.
- The mission Divide et Impera now has a functional final encounter that no longer gates mission completion.
- Slightly reduced the number of roaming borg cubes in borg sector space.
- Players will no longer be able to bypass the ground encounters on The Cure.
Characters and Costumes
- Fixed holes and texture errrors in geometry for federation dreadnaught "U.S.S. Jupiter" class
- Added more variety to Mirror Universe ships in addition to the existing Miranda MU variants
UI and Controls
- Fixed an issue where PIPs would not appear on low end settings
- Skill Picker and Skill Respec - "Accept" button is now disabled if no net change has actually been made.
- Fonts - Updated the Mission font styles to use in the HUD.
- Captain's Log no longer filters system text
- Removed some targeting highlight FX that were playing on inappropriate objects
- Character Creation: Now displays the selected number of species traits out of the max choosable traits for clarity. (Before it was just displaying the max choosable traits).
- Modified the way the power levels UI sliders work in mode 3. The sliders will only move when dragging the mouse up or down - they will no longer get set when the player clicks on the slider bar.
- Added mouse filtering options to the main options screen to smooth out camera motion while free-looking.
- Darkened grid in paper doll background
- There is minor audio popping in the ambient sound effects in the ground portion of Khitomer Accords