Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Engineering Team miss linked? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=151003)

Archived Post 04-15-2010 10:33 AM

Engineering Team miss linked?
 
According to the in game skill description (and common sense) Engineering Team should be linked to Engineering Team Leader, Starship Hull Repair and Starship Subsystem Repair.

But according to http://sto-intel.org/wiki/Engineering_Team and the character builder Engineering Team is actually linked to Engineering Team Leader, Starship Hull Repair and Starship Engine Maintenance.

Is this true? Is the skill miss-linked? Becuase I would hate to blow skill points on a Captain skill that's useless if I can buy a useful Lt Commander one and have extra points to spend.

Archived Post 04-15-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Angelous.****.
Is this true? Is the skill miss-linked? Becuase I would hate to blow skill points on a Captain skill that's useless if I can buy a useful Lt Commander one and have extra points to spend.

pretty much, we haven't actually found a use for subsystem repair yet. We think it's supposed to do something, but whatever it is, it's either too small or worthless to be useful.

engineering team is buffed by engine maintanence, engineering team leader, and hull repair.

Archived Post 04-15-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faithborn
pretty much, we haven't actually found a use for subsystem repair yet. We think it's supposed to do something, but whatever it is, it's either too small or worthless to be useful.

engineering team is buffed by engine maintanence, engineering team leader, and hull repair.

Thanks. I'll buy Starship Engine Maintenance then (and save a respec in case they ever fix it).

Archived Post 04-15-2010 12:27 PM

When in space, pressing P and looking at engie team, subsystem repair is NOT listed as modifying it. On a previous build I had 9 points in there, now I have zero. I think the SSR skill is supposed to increase the speed of repairs when you have had systems disabled, but I do not know for sure. SSR certainly doesn't improve the amount of hitpoints gained from engie team or miricle worker.

Archived Post 04-15-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Angelous.****.
But according to http://sto-intel.org/wiki/Engineering_Team and the character builder Engineering Team is actually linked to Engineering Team Leader, Starship Hull Repair and Starship Engine Maintenance.

Is this true? Is the skill miss-linked? Becuase I would hate to blow skill points on a Captain skill that's useless if I can buy a useful Lt Commander one and have extra points to spend.

Since skills are impacted by a T1, a T2, and a T3-5 skill, the T2 wouldn't change. If subsystems repair did impact the healing, then Starship Hull Repair would be the power that didn't.

But, of course, Starship Subsystem Repair doesn't impact the healing and isn't listed for ET. If it does anything, I'd guess that would increase the chance of ET repairing a subsystem. It mentioning ET and MW just confuses people and makes them waste points though, making them think they'll get healing or resists out of it.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:20 AM.