Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   The Warhammer 40,000 discussion thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=151259)

Archived Post 04-16-2010 10:29 AM

The Warhammer 40,000 discussion thread

After all, why not? I can think of three people off the top of my head (excluding myself) who play W40k (or a form thereof).

So let's start a Warhammer 40k discussion thread.

I'll start it off.

So Raven and Daev, have either of you gotten a chance to try the Last Stand mode in DoW2? I've gotten my Space Marine up to level 10, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

If anything can be said about DoW2, it's that it's got replay value out the wazoo.

Archived Post 04-16-2010 10:36 AM

Can't say I have tried Last Stand Mode. Been busy with school and a few stories I am working on in addition to some STO.

Archived Post 04-16-2010 10:37 AM

You haven't played Last Stand until you've done it as an orc.

=]

Archived Post 04-16-2010 10:39 AM

Give it a whirl when you get a chance.

You and two other people (either invited friends or random people from the interwebs) against wave after wave of... just about everything the game can throw at you. It's a lot of fun. Makes no sense whatsoever canonically (you can have a Mekboy, a Farseer and a Space Marine all working together to mow down Imperial Guardsmen) but still a ton of fun. And as you gain levels you unlock new wargear to use.

At level 10 on my Space Marine, I can choose from a bolter, a power axe, a plasma pistol, a bolter pistol, and a chainsword as well as two different sets of armor and a bunch of extra accessories that give me various abilities. I think next level I get my hammer.

Archived Post 04-16-2010 10:40 AM

Hm, wrong thread. It says Warhammer 40k in the title, but everybody is talking about Dawn of War II.:D

Anybody here who plays the 40k RPG's of Fantasy Flight Games? I'm waiting for Deathwatch at the moment. A shame they never had an army list in the tabletop.:(

Archived Post 04-16-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheeseus (Post 2561806)
You haven't played Last Stand until you've done it as an orc.

=]

Yeah, the Mekboy can kick some major ass from afar, but I like jumping into the fray and hacking my enemies to bits with my power axe way too much to focus on leveling up an Ork. :p

Once I get my Space Marine to 20, the next one I'll be working on is my Sorcerer of anyway.

Archived Post 04-16-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Tar
Hm, wrong thread. It says Warhammer 40k in the title, but everybody is talking about Dawn of War II.:D

Anybody here who plays the 40k RPG's of Fantasy Flight Games? I'm waiting for Deathwatch at the moment. A shame they never had an army list in the tabletop.:(

See, I kept thinking this, too. This is all gonna be about Tabletop miniatures discussion and I was holding back a *very* good, yet semi-scathing commentary on the hobby that I decided not to use because, I understand the allure and was into the tabletop game for awhile in the past.

It's sometimes best to let folks have their fun. :)

Archived Post 04-16-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold-Rush (Post 2562083)
See, I kept thinking this, too. This is all gonna be about Tabletop miniatures discussion and I was holding back a *very* good, yet semi-scathing commentary on the hobby that I decided not to use because, I understand the allure and was into the tabletop game for awhile in the past.

It's sometimes best to let folks have their fun. :)

When did I say you couldn't talk about the tabletop? :rolleyes:

I just started the thread with DoW2.

Archived Post 04-16-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintHazard (Post 2562103)
When did I say you couldn't talk about the tabletop? :rolleyes:

I just started the thread with DoW2.

All implied, good sir.

The way you moved that salt shaker across your desk while you were typing this with a web cam in view spoke VOLUMES !! :eek:

Archived Post 04-16-2010 11:45 AM

I miss playing the table top.
I'm also sad that my ex still has MY table top SpaceHulk game (got for free at a con)
I want to paint miniatures....

*waaaa*