Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Small suggestions about Special Task Forces (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=152111)

Archived Post 04-20-2010 10:01 AM

Small suggestions about Special Task Forces

I really like the idea of STFs, and I can't wait to actually get to one, when I've leveled that far. But I'd like to suggest that these missions be converted to the normal single-player missions, later on.

I've seen the trailers announcing these missions, and it seems like the stories are fairly important to the overall story that's happening in STO as a whole.

I may never get to experience the STF's without getting together a good crew, and as I prefer to do the missions by myself most of the time, it just might not happen.

I realize the missions are designed such that they are extremely difficult, and require a team of people to do, but I also realize I want to go through them, at least so I can see the whole story of STO.

Archived Post 04-20-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_MatterTRON (Post 2575509)
I really like the idea of STFs, and I can't wait to actually get to one, when I've leveled that far. But I'd like to suggest that these missions be converted to the normal single-player missions, later on.

I've seen the trailers announcing these missions, and it seems like the stories are fairly important to the overall story that's happening in STO as a whole.

I may never get to experience the STF's without getting together a good crew, and as I prefer to do the missions by myself most of the time, it just might not happen.

I realize the missions are designed such that they are extremely difficult, and require a team of people to do, but I also realize I want to go through them, at least so I can see the whole story of STO.

QFT .

Archived Post 04-22-2010 07:35 AM

Do you really think that you'd enjoy the storyline as much as if you somehow stopped a borg invasion....by yourself?

Archived Post 04-22-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phyriall (Post 2585045)
Do you really think that you'd enjoy the storyline as much as if you somehow stopped a borg invasion....by yourself?

I myself want more solo-friendly content at max-level, and while I definitely do not want Infected or any of the other STF's converted or re-done to be solo-friendly, I think Cryptic can add more solo-friendly content designed around the STF's so that a single player may experience those story-lines and get the story and perhaps even be tempted to actually get a group running the STF itself later on.

A story about a lonely ships' Captain and his crew escaping out of Starbase 82 after having been attacked by the Borg, could be a wonderful introduction to Infected... don't you think? :D

Archived Post 04-22-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phyriall (Post 2585045)

More than not seeing the storyline at all