Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Comprehensive tutorial on scripting commands? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=152555)

Archived Post 04-22-2010 07:09 AM

Comprehensive tutorial on scripting commands?
 
I want to set up customized keybinds and cannot find a comprehensive guide anywhere. Can someone please point me in the direction of a tutorial or at least a list of scripting commands and syntax used in STO?

Archived Post 04-22-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rojon (Post 2584941)
I want to set up customized keybinds and cannot find a comprehensive guide anywhere. Can someone please point me in the direction of a tutorial or at least a list of scripting commands and syntax used in STO?

There is none because there is no user scripting allowed.

Keybinds for console commands, however, are very much allowed and visible to the public. In your chat window (console), type

/

followed by a single or sequence of letters or numbers, in order to scroll through the list of visible console commands. If you have auto-complete enabled, you will see everything that is available to the user.

===

Here are some common keybinds:

Target-announce keybind, to announce focus fire targets to your team:
/bind <key> <chat channel> <msg> $target
/bind t team TARGET: $target

Assist keybind, to target your target's current target:
/bind <key> assist
/bind g assist

Target-by-name keybind, to target a specific player by name:
/bind <key> target <player full 'short name', including spaces>
/bind F1 target Matt Dravis

===

By popular request, the Key Binds game options menu now has keybind options for power level presets, Away Team targeting, and Away Team rally-point placement.

If you have suggestions for additions to the Key Binds game options menu, you should post them so that the DEVs can include them in a future patch.

Archived Post 04-22-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
Keybinds for console commands, however, are very much allowed and visible to the public.

Semantics aside, this is what I'm looking for. A list of the commands and syntaxes available for those types of console commands. I am constantly frustrated by the UI's stone-age level of AI and would like to issue commands to the game that make sense.

Auto-self targeting being just one example of the non-intuitiveness of this game.

So, where can I find a how-to on the usage of console commands, aliases, etc.?

Archived Post 04-22-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rojon (Post 2585574)
So, where can I find a how-to on the usage of console commands, aliases, etc.?

Nowhere (or nothing official from Cryptic) at the moment. Keep requesting it (probably in one of the Engineering Report threads) and hopefully they will add it as part of the documentation effort.

Archived Post 04-22-2010 04:49 PM

How about fan-oriented sources, then? I have searched but found no results yet there are people out there programming keybinds so the knowlege is out there somewhere.

Archived Post 04-25-2010 07:04 AM

Anyone at all? Someone must have learned how to do this and written on it.

Archived Post 04-25-2010 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rojon (Post 2596083)
Anyone at all? Someone must have learned how to do this and written on it.

I already explained how to find console commands, and then bind them, earlier in this thread.

Archived Post 04-25-2010 09:32 AM

try
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=66110

Archived Post 04-26-2010 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
I already explained how to find console commands, and then bind them, earlier in this thread.

Yes you did. I'm looking for something more in-depth, such as the formatting of the commands, use of alias terms, etc.

For instance here's a keybind command given to me by a friend to always auto-target myself with Science Team:

/alias cureme "target_clear $$ target_self $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 9 $$ target_clear"
/bind 0 cureme

What you posted, while helpful, is not an in-depth explanation of how the above works. I was hoping to find something even more helpful to use the keybind script.

Archived Post 04-26-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rojon (Post 2599183)
Yes you did. I'm looking for something more in-depth, such as the formatting of the commands, use of alias terms, etc.

For instance here's a keybind command given to me by a friend to always auto-target myself with Science Team:

/alias cureme "target_clear $$ target_self $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 9 $$ target_clear"
/bind 0 cureme

What you posted, while helpful, is not an in-depth explanation of how the above works. I was hoping to find something even more helpful to use the keybind script.

Aha, I understand now, apologies for my confusion. :)

If Cedryk_'s link is not up-to-date enough to be useful, I, too, would be interested to know if anyone else has compiled current information on this topic. In the meantime, I'll probably go through that old Beta post and see what works.

Thanks for raising this topic, it's definitely useful.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:15 AM.