Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   target subsystems? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=153045)

Archived Post 04-24-2010 04:30 PM

target subsystems?

right now i can train my guy in say target subsystem weapons ii at lieutenant now what if i say want to learn target subsystem shields i as my ensign skill err i cant and why not ?

Archived Post 04-24-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterYoda1
right now i can train my guy in say target subsystem weapons ii at lieutenant now what if i say want to learn target subsystem shields i as my ensign skill err i cant and why not ?

target subsystems level 1 (ensign) is the inherant ability of all science ships, as such you do not have access to it.

Archived Post 04-25-2010 10:14 AM

still it makes no scence i can have 2 and 3 i should be ble to have 1

Archived Post 04-25-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

You can, buy a science ship.

Archived Post 04-25-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

so buy a science ship, its unique to them.

Archived Post 04-25-2010 10:57 PM

Not necissarily... I have an engineer in a cruiser and I have 'Target subsystem: Shields 2"... You just get them for FREE as a science officer. I had to get an officer with the abillity and I trained my own officer with it. It was a pretty sweet find actually!

Archived Post 04-25-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treagersama (Post 2598358)
Not necissarily... I have an engineer in a cruiser and I have 'Target subsystem: Shields 2"... You just get them for FREE as a science officer. I had to get an officer with the abillity and I trained my own officer with it. It was a pretty sweet find actually!

rank 2 and 3 can be found on tactical bridge officers. you get rank 1 for free on a science vessel.

Archived Post 04-26-2010 07:56 AM

They -should- be available as BO powers. There's not exactly a lot of useful Tactical Ensign powers. The list pretty much begins and ends at High Yield. Spread and Fire at Will are mediocre and Overload is practically a wash in sustained DPS due to its energy drain. Tactical Team? Yeah, see Boarding Party for why being on a Team cooldown is Bad.

Archived Post 04-26-2010 01:54 PM

I disagree... sort of.
I understand why most people HATE Beam Overload... because it blows goats to do sweet hit, knock out their shields and suddenly be doing half damage with your beams. I get it.

HOWEVER...

My cruiser engineer captain uses Beam Overload 1 - 2 and I would use 3 if I could. When you have "Emergency Power to Weapons" "EPS Flow Regulators" and that sweet EPS power Engineers get during commander... I litterally see NO power drain from using Beam Overload! Not to mention that Emergency Power to Weapons FIXES the beam from being disabled. I am litterally and constantly firing 6 beam arrays broadsiding, and never seeing my power drop below 125. It's freakin sweet too!

Now please tell me you don't just LOVE the idea of unleashing a Antiproton beam right into the enemies exposed hull using Beam Overload... and then seeing it Crit on top of it. I would have to say "KA-FUGGIN-BOOM"... like the finger of god.