Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Alternate characters. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=153176)

Archived Post 04-25-2010 10:48 AM

Alternate characters.

I have just made Ra1 and decided to start my alt character, as I like the sci ships I made a pure alien and opted for science officer. My question is how many of you have alt characters and do you prefer the alternate missions that your alt character gives you, I have to admit I am having a lot of fun jumping from my eng in my Imperial ship to my lt5 in the sci but I guess I should try and get to Ra5 before having more fun.

Archived Post 04-25-2010 11:21 AM

I make a bunch, but which alternate missions exactly?

Archived Post 04-25-2010 01:16 PM

I have 2 mains (RA5 & Captain), 1 alt (KDF Commander) and 3 more I just started to level (Lt. Commanders). As far as I can see, there are no 'alternate' missions, except you mean you play in 2 factions. KDF has other missions, though they are not really story missions, just quests.

Archived Post 04-26-2010 10:40 AM

well my sci is now lt 7 and during expo missions i played some i never played with my engineer but i guess that is just down to the random engine in the gameplay. i am impressed you have so many alts though you must have leveling up down to a fine art.

Archived Post 04-26-2010 05:01 PM

Not really. Missions are all the same for each career type. There isn't a different story mission for Tacticals than for Engineers or something.
My main, sci RA5, is mostly for roleplay and PvE. My sci Captain 1 is very RP heavy and equipped for FA and warzones, I almost only play in teams with that toon. The KDF Commander is obviously better suited for PvP, and as I prefer ground combat, that's where he has the skill points.
The rest are mostly RP toons I intend to level for what suits their character best.

Archived Post 04-26-2010 05:54 PM

Im a real geek, I have 2 RA5s one tac, one engineer, one RA2 tac, and a lt commander sci.

Archived Post 04-28-2010 01:50 AM

There aren't any alternate mission so far for different classes, but the missions might play very differently depending on what class you play.

At least that's my experience after switching from Science Captain to Tactical Captain. Combat is very different now. A lot faster, but with less "special effects". Less colorful, in a way. It's fun, but in a different way.

Archived Post 04-29-2010 10:20 AM

now that my alt is up to lt commander the missions are more familiar i guss it waa the old grey matter not being what it was lol, but i do enjoy the different aspects my alt sci gives me on the missions, but looking at your posts i think i need to spend more time on line(if i can) i only have one Admiral thats my eng in a cruiser, who i am thinking of treating to a sci boat to see how that affects the gameplay.