Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Move The Captain's Table (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=154478)

Archived Post 04-30-2010 04:30 PM

Move The Captain's Table

If it is no longer going to be just for life time subscribers and available basically to any one, can we at least see it moved some where besides Earth Spacedock. People have no reason to visit the Captain's Table due to everything it has to offer is on the spacedock( with exception of the chat channel). People are going to need a reason to even want to visit. I personally don't go there for this reason. I can find everything I need at the spacedock. If the Captain's Table were accessable from another location, it would make it more enticing because that is one more option for captains to rest at without having to go all the way back to Earth.

On a side note, if all of these "exclusives" are no longer going to be exclusive, then perhaps we can have an estimate, if not a confirmation, that the other "exclusives" will become available to every one else. I purchased the game with the TOS uniforms so I could have something different and now every one has them. Not complaining, it happens. Still annoying though. I was excited about the Captain's Table so I could talk with other lifers and now that is being taken away in a sense. Sorry, got off on a tangent.

Archived Post 04-30-2010 04:43 PM

yes, I agree that in light of the exclusivity loss, it should be moved to somewhere more remote. Otherwise, what is the point of going there...it's right next to spacedock, which offers more things.

hey, what about moving it to Borg space, so that you can only access it from rank RA3 and above?
guess we'd have to rename it the Admiral's Table then...

Archived Post 04-30-2010 04:46 PM

It's accessible from a Captain's ship in the books. They walk through a door on their ship and wind up there.

IMHO, they should do that. There is a limit to the vendors you can access while there (no ship change merchant, etc.) and since everyone gets access eventually, the easy access vendors don't present a huge game balance issue.

What about the ship exterior, since it would be gone if nobody warped there and it was treated as an extra ship room? Just allow people to fly around the Captain's Table in little vanity ships. But you should go to the Captain's Table from your Bridge or Ready Room and when you leave the area, you wind up back in your Bridge or Ready Room with your ship being where it was before.

Archived Post 04-30-2010 05:06 PM

i agree with it being in borg space

and please please give us a transwarp capability to it its so annoying having to use just plain old warp everywhere we go.

in fact please add transwarp between federation starbases.

Archived Post 04-30-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathan99
It's accessible from a Captain's ship in the books. They walk through a door on their ship and wind up there.

IMHO, they should do that. There is a limit to the vendors you can access while there (no ship change merchant, etc.) and since everyone gets access eventually, the easy access vendors don't present a huge game balance issue.

What about the ship exterior, since it would be gone if nobody warped there and it was treated as an extra ship room? Just allow people to fly around the Captain's Table in little vanity ships. But you should go to the Captain's Table from your Bridge or Ready Room and when you leave the area, you wind up back in your Bridge or Ready Room with your ship being where it was before.

This is the idea I support. It would make things much easier.

Archived Post 04-30-2010 05:15 PM

Are we really going to whine about the Captain's Table access this much?

At the point that cryptic's going to open it up to non-lifers, they will have paid as much or more than us. Why should cryptic have to do some other vet perk when they went to a lot of trouble making this station?

Archived Post 04-30-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

IMHO, they should do that.

maybe they will when we get ship interiors. perhaps a mysterious magic door in your own quarters.

Archived Post 04-30-2010 05:27 PM

It's gonna be a almost year before anyone gets in, stop the moaning.

Archived Post 04-30-2010 05:46 PM

I had liked having the Two Extra Character Slots from my Lifetime Subscription, until I saw those slots on the C-Store for low prices. I had enjoyed the Captains Table, until I saw that if people just wait around for about a year they get that free. I never really enjoyed the Liberated Borg option , but I now worry that it will be showing up in the C-Store or in a Promotion eventually. So what exactly did my early Lifetime Subscription net me? I am beginning to think I just pre-paid my subscription fee for 14 months and a lame title.

Please restrict access to The captains Table to Lifetime Subscribers. It is, to me, the most solid thing you have rewarded to customers like myself. Please don't hand out our exclusives. If you continue to hand out Exclusives...they aren't Exclusives anymore...they become Premium Items. We were told a wallet would not pathe our way in STO. Should I have just bought Cryptic Bucks and waited, instead of committing my money to your initial efforts Cryptic?

Archived Post 04-30-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

I completely agree. Once ship interiors are done this should definitely be added. There won't be a need for a ship because walking through that door could bring you right into the Captain's Table instead of outside of it.