Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   The Cure (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=154548)

Archived Post 04-30-2010 09:33 PM

The Cure

My god the cure isn't a mission its a chore. Its some you have to do to get the candy. I've found no joy in this "mission" and i really hope that the next set of STF's after KA don't require the need to do this screwball mission.

I really don't wanna play any other raid episodes thanks to this one. I found infected to be challenging but doable, there as the cure isn't. It's the hight of boredom for me.

anyone know any good hints or tips or should i not bother with it

Archived Post 05-01-2010 01:32 AM

I'd just like to know how we're supposed to beat the final boss.

Archived Post 05-01-2010 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JarinSolare
I'd just like to know how we're supposed to beat the final boss.

That is the easiest part of the mission.

The ground boss is like this:
Take out the spawns first, next have a medic go Meele the boss, while the rest of you stay beyond 20 meters (this is the range of his AOE weapon. The boss will now focus on the medic and the rest of you can take care of new spawns, while the medic can heal-meele-heal the boss.

Quite simple.

The space boss is pretty straight forward: Don't stop shooting at the thing.

Archived Post 05-01-2010 07:02 PM

The Cure is like trying to thread a needle blindfolded and calling at a 'challege'. Whoever designed this is lazy and I'm annoyed I'm paying his salary with my sub. There is no story, I have no idea wtf we are there for, we have to do the same actions 3-4 times for no reason other than filler. i want to know who genuniely has fun playing this mission (be honest).

Its a waste of time.

Archived Post 05-02-2010 09:34 AM

I have failed the ground part 5 times in a row now, and not for lack of a good team each time.

What I do not get is why they felt it would be cool to have to use those damned generators, instead of getting say some sort of explosives that the team has to place on the shield walls, and detonate them at the same time/in a specific sequence(sp?)....

And also, the aggro zone for the borg are too big IMHO, making you get aggro even without a shot fired. And those elite tacticals are just over powered. I have gotten 2 shotted by these a few times, wich is not fun, and neither is having to run back nearly 300 meters every time you faceplant....

Most annoying STF ever. Why not make them as they are in CoX??? Those are very good, and not nearly so frustrating, and not to mention a good story behind them....

Archived Post 05-02-2010 10:38 AM

the cure was apain in the arse... i demand a option that allows me to crash my ship into the planet killing everything.

Archived Post 05-02-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
the cure was apain in the arse... i demand a option that allows me to crash my ship into the planet killing everything.

I seconded that motion.

Archived Post 05-02-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BalanceOfTerror
My god the cure isn't a mission its a chore. Its some you have to do to get the candy. I've found no joy in this "mission" and i really hope that the next set of STF's after KA don't require the need to do this screwball mission.

I really don't wanna play any other raid episodes thanks to this one. I found infected to be challenging but doable, there as the cure isn't. It's the hight of boredom for me.

anyone know any good hints or tips or should i not bother with it

Hate to tell you, but after testing Undine Terrordrome......... its practically as bad as Khitomer. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by anazonda (Post 2620064)
That is the easiest part of the mission.

The ground boss is like this:
Take out the spawns first, next have a medic go Meele the boss, while the rest of you stay beyond 20 meters (this is the range of his AOE weapon. The boss will now focus on the medic and the rest of you can take care of new spawns, while the medic can heal-meele-heal the boss.

Quite simple.

The space boss is pretty straight forward: Don't stop shooting at the thing.

Actually its best not to take out both groups, leave one alive from each group and kite them around. That way there is no respawn.

And you don't need a Medic to melee Armus, anyone can do it. An Engineer with Combat Supply can melee him just as well.

The Final Boss, the Borged Vo'Quv, use:
  1. Debuffs: Patterns Beta and Delta, Aceton Field, Scramble, etc.
  2. Fire on the same Shield Arc.
  3. Ship with Tricobalts firing at point blank. That way when it impacts the Vo'Quv, it takes out the fighters and shield drones all at the same time.

Archived Post 05-04-2010 06:29 AM

The Cure is an insult to gamers. 3 year olds could have have come up with more original content. The 'story' of it is just plain dumb. There's no reason the borg would have random cells in the middle of a rainy forest holding 1 dude captive while being guarded by like 8 guys. What the heck is the point? And let's just have random patrols wandering around in the rain while we're at it. I will say this...ok..the transformers as a trick was ok ONCE. Three times...completely lazy game design. But hey, so far this kind of dumb and inane game design has been the norm and not the exception. Most likely the game will be mostly dead b4 Star Wars comes out and once it does...STO will be a graveyard.

Archived Post 05-04-2010 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azurian (Post 2625153)
And you don't need a Medic to melee Armus, anyone can do it. An Engineer with Combat Supply can melee him just as well.

Azurian, can you explain how an Engy can do this in a bit more detail? I don't currently run with a kit that has Combat Supply because I thought it was pretty worthless. What other skills and what order of use for them is effective against the ground boss? Watching Medics tank him I thought he always hit too hard into your health and Hypos (our only health heal) have too long of a cooldown to heal through it. Thanks.